Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booked AA flights using Aviois but it is not TICKETED! HELP!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

I booked 3 one way flights within USA.I booked this on phone because I wanted to book a seat for an infant under 2 and the 2 of us, and website didn't allow it.

I got the BA referrence number and AA Record Locator.

I checked on AA.com & I saw the flights with our name on it but on the right it says "STATUS UNKNOWN"

I called an AA rep and told me it is not even ticketed or there is no ticket number.

I called BA couple of times and it takes 40 mins to 2 hours to get an agent. sometimes the call would get hanged up itself.
Each time they told me you booked this only 4 hours ago and it may take time to be ticketed.

I did research online and saw so many similar problem with many others who booked AA flights with Avios. They were turned away at airport or were asked to pay in full with cash because there is no ticket for them.

It doesn't seem like I have to wait for 24 or 48 hrs to be ticketed.

My Avios were deducted from my BA account and tax was with with my CC already.

What is it that I should do now?

I checked on BA.com without logging in and saw same number of available seats for that flight on that day. It sure looks like I don't have a reservation.
The BA website wouldn't allow me to cancel cos it says I have to call and it would take another 2 hour to get a clueless agent.
http://thepointsguy.com/2013/07/read...merican-award/

Last edited by Blueskyheaven; Feb 17, 2014 at 8:19 pm
Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:25 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
I booked 3 one way flights within USA.I booked this on phone because I wanted to book a seat for an infant under 2 and the 2 of us, and website didn't allow it.
When is it that you are flying? If you are within 48 hours of flying then you need to be on the case. If you are more than that, just leave it.

Online bookings are ticketed automatically, typically within an hour, sometimes a few hours if there is a non BA flight or some other complication.

Telephone booking often need manual ticketing. This can take months, and is rarely a problem. They are ticketed in sequence of departure date priority, and may even be unticketed a week before flying even if it was booked months ago.

I have - well let's say close to 100 reservations with BA at the moment. I'm not counting, but I know I have over a dozen unticketed too. It's not worth panicking about. The very small risk of being denied travel does exist, and yes it is worth taking action at some point. Unticketed bookings do very, very occasionally go down a blackhole.

If you search here you will find other Customer Service centres open at various hours. Maybe call Newcastle or Hong Kong at quiet periods, when there aren't storms on, and get it sorted then. If you are within 48 hours of travel you are able to ask the agent to wait and confirm ticketing.

The internet, including Flyertalk, are full of anecdotes, some of them a bit scary. That's not the same as data.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
When is it that you are flying? If you are within 48 hours of flying then you need to be on the case. If you are more than that, just leave it.

Online bookings are ticketed automatically, typically within an hour, sometimes a few hours if there is a non BA flight or some other complication.

Telephone booking often need manual ticketing. This can take months, and is rarely a problem. They are ticketed in sequence of departure date priority, and may even be unticketed a week before flying even if it was booked months ago.

I have - well let's say close to 100 reservations with BA at the moment. I'm not counting, but I know I have over a dozen unticketed too. It's not worth panicking about. The very small risk of being denied travel does exist, and yes it is worth taking action at some point. Unticketed bookings do very, very occasionally go down a blackhole.

If you search here you will find other Customer Service centres open at various hours. Maybe call Newcastle or Hong Kong at quiet periods, when there aren't storms on, and get it sorted then. If you are within 48 hours of travel you are able to ask the agent to wait and confirm ticketing.

The internet, including Flyertalk, are full of anecdotes, some of them a bit scary. That's not the same as data.
Have you read something from the link? Nothing to do with waiting.
Seems like a massive glitch that has been going on for sometime and BA hasn't fixed it.
The BA call center agents from India didn't seem to know how to fix it.
I called the US number, the UK number from US gets disconnected. I can't call BA in hongkong from my US cellphone.
I will fax them and file a complaint online with government agency because I am tired of 2 hour wait time to get agents who knows nothing to issue me a ticket
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Relax.

I use Avios for AA all the time. Ticketing can take up to a day IMHO..

Call BA from a landline.. or your hotel in HK. Why limit yourself to a cell phone.

Storm in a teapot I should think
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
Relax.

I use Avios for AA all the time. Ticketing can take up to a day IMHO..

Call BA from a landline.. or your hotel in HK. Why limit yourself to a cell phone.

Storm in a teapot I should think
I Dont have landline and not in a hotel in Hong Kong. I am in US.
The problem is people waited weeks, months even until they reached the airport and still there is no ticket issued. This according to many from their experiences with AA flight booked with Avios. Link is posted above.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
You didn't answer CWSs question...when are the flights that you have booked?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airprox
You didn't answer CWSs question...when are the flights that you have booked?
I booked 7 hrs ago. I know it isn't 10 or 24 hrs but according to many, it is a problem with BA and waiting days or months wouldn't fix it.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 10:38 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angatol
People are just asking when is your flight? i.e. when do you intend to fly, what date, today, tomorrow, next month, christmas, 2015? The advice for a flight you intend to take tomorrow is not the same as the advice you might receive if your flight is in December.
it is FEB 27th within US
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I booked 7 hrs ago.
Is your flight within the next 48 hours? If not, relax, please, for your own sake.

Manual ticketing often takes some time. I would not start to feel concerned until 7 days have elapsed, or my flight is within the next 48 hours.

It's not even a problem in itself unless you are travelling very soon.

It's not just an AA ticket booked using Avios. If I book a flight offline with any airline (and including when not including BA in the equation anywhere), it can take a bit of time for it to be ticketed.

ETA: I see you have replied with the date of your flight. I wouldn't panic. It's still 10 days away. Give it 3 days and if it's still not ticketed, then give them a call.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:05 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB

If you're not flying within the next 48 hours I cannot for the life of me understand why you are seemingly panicking so much. Just take a deep breath, wait until at least 24 hours from booking has passed and then reassess then. Drama not required.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Is your flight within the next 48 hours? If not, relax, please, for your own sake.

Manual ticketing often takes some time. I would not start to feel concerned until 7 days have elapsed, or my flight is within the next 48 hours.

It's not even a problem in itself unless you are travelling very soon.

It's not just an AA ticket booked using Avios. If I book a flight offline with any airline (and including when not including BA in the equation anywhere), it can take a bit of time for it to be ticketed.

So, I'd suggest stop panicking, unless your flight is within the next 48 hours (in which case, wait a couple of hours and make a phone call).
If the BA calls wouldn't hang up itself or wouldn't take 2 hrs to get an agent!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: SK*G, BA Gold, IHG Plat AMB
Originally Posted by angatol
People are just asking when is your flight? i.e. when do you intend to fly, what date, today, tomorrow, next month, christmas, 2015? The advice for a flight you intend to take tomorrow is not the same as the advice you might receive if your flight is in December.
it is FEB 27th within US
You have the luxury of time. Give it 24 hours minimum before preparing the valium...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
If the BA calls wouldn't hang up itself or wouldn't take 2 hrs to get an agent!
If it does not get ticketed in the next 3 days or so, then give them a call, because it will be either that or waiting for a little longer and then calling them if it is still not ticketed.

I believe manual ticketing is done in the order received, but obviously with priority for flights that are departing soon.

We had really nasty weather here in the UK that disrupted a lot of flights recently. It may have increased BA call centre's workload. As I say, give it 3 days or so and get in touch with them.

Talking about BA taking 2 hours to answer their call here won't help you to get your ticket issued either way. Make the call, put it on the speakers and carry on doing things while keeping the speakers within earshot (or use earphones on the mobile) and 2 hours of holding will not feel so long. If you are bothered by the cost, using Skype should save you some money.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
The knowledgeable folks on here are trying to offer good advice after you asked a question. I don't think there's any need for you to snap at every respondent frankly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.