Search

Your guide to spending Avios | 2014

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:03 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by kvolvo
Trying to find a flight JFK to Carribean using Avios. AA shows quite a few saver flights available but none show up on ba.com. What couls be the reason?
If they require a connection then you will need to search/book segment by segment, or call BA to book.

Can you provide the date and route?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Thanks

There used to be a way on BA.com to search partner airlines is BA he selves had no availability. I can't seem to find it. Is it still there?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 7:33 am
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by srbrenna
There used to be a way on BA.com to search partner airlines is BA he selves had no availability. I can't seem to find it. Is it still there?
No, as Partner Award Availability is now included automatically.
Old Oct 11, 2014, 1:51 pm

OK. So to do LON-BGI through MIA I would have to book the legs separately?
Old Oct 11, 2014, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by srbrenna
OK. So to do LON-BGI through MIA I would have to book the legs separately?
Or call in if it does not show up as available online but the individual segments are.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Has anyone noticed that the surcharges on Sri Lankan (UL) is a lot more when you click through to the payment page than what it says on the booking page?

The booking page says 10000 Avios + $59, and then the payment page says 10000 Avios + $145!!!
Old Oct 16, 2014, 4:00 pm

I think nux may be kind of referring to my question, but I'm a total BA noob (based in US). Recently learned how Avios work and seems like in some cases I can really come out ahead. Question regarding award bookings with avios:

Say I want to fly CVG-ORD-HKG (AA and CX for leg 1 and 2). This will not show up itself on BA's site, but they show individually. Do I have to call it in to get it all on one itinerary? If so, is there a fee involved?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 1:37 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cleanes
Say I want to fly CVG-ORD-HKG (AA and CX for leg 1 and 2). This will not show up itself on BA's site, but they show individually. Do I have to call it in to get it all on one itinerary? If so, is there a fee involved?
Yes if it doesn't show up when searching for CVG-HKG then you'll need to call to book or book them separately.

Note that adding two BA partners on one ticket will be for the (generally) much higher multi-partner redemption rate.

Or you could book separately and rely on the AA policy that provides protection on separate tickets.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 3:55 am

Thanks all!
Old Oct 17, 2014, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by nux
Yes if it doesn't show up when searching for CVG-HKG then you'll need to call to book or book them separately.

Note that adding two BA partners on one ticket will be for the (generally) much higher multi-partner redemption rate.

Or you could book separately and rely on the AA policy that provides protection on separate tickets.
Ah, didn't know about the multi-partner rate. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll probably end up doing separate flights in the future if needed. Any experience interlining with separate tickets or needing AA protection for delayed flight?
Old Oct 18, 2014, 5:18 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cleanes
Ah, didn't know about the multi-partner rate. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll probably end up doing separate flights in the future if needed. Any experience interlining with separate tickets or needing AA protection for delayed flight?
Baggage interlining should be fine on separate tickets as long as you leave at least the MCT (minimum connection time) between tickets.

The AA protection policy for separate tickets is here: http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...tkt_policy.jsp
Old Oct 18, 2014, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by nux
Baggage interlining should be fine on separate tickets as long as you leave at least the MCT (minimum connection time) between tickets.

The AA protection policy for separate tickets is here: http://www.aa.com/i18n/agency/Bookin...tkt_policy.jsp
Great, appreciate it a lot. Will probably try it out in the next several months.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 1:51 pm

Has any FT member experience of monitoring J class reward seat availability to SFO, LAX or SAN for travel in September? No reward seats available for September 2015 but what is the probability/your experience of more J availability opening up? Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 10:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by kaizenflying
Has any FT member experience of monitoring J class reward seat availability to SFO, LAX or SAN for travel in September? No reward seats available for September 2015 but what is the probability/your experience of more J availability opening up? Thanks.
I booked 2 seats for LAX in Sept 15 about a week ago. Just keep checking.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:26 pm

Quick UuA question. If there are two passengers on the PNR, does there have to be upgrade inventory available for both of them in order to do an online UuA, or can the online tool handle upgrading just one passenger out of two? (Need to know whether I should split our PNRs now, in case availability goes to J=1 while phone customer service is closed, or if I can wait.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.