Wiki Posts
Search

Married segments on awards?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Married segments on awards?

I have just been looking to book NCL-LHR-CDG and it only shows J available for NCL-CDG, but lots of Y availability if you look at the same 2 flights separately.. Does BA apply married segment rules to awards
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
What dates?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I think this is a bug related to the additional GCH availability. One of those sectors is probably only available in Y for you as a Gold. I think the availability display is too primitive to accommodate this. Call BAEC to book. There's no phone booking fee for you as a GCH anyway.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
I think this is a bug related to the additional GCH availability. One of those sectors is probably only available in Y for you as a Gold. I think the availability display is too primitive to accommodate this. Call BAEC to book. There's no phone booking fee for you as a GCH anyway.
Thanks for reply. I actually found loads of availability on the avios.com website so just going to book through them instead... Looks like there is loads more Y availability on avios.com than through BAEC
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by pogonation
Thanks for reply. I actually found loads of availability on the avios.com website so just going to book through them instead... Looks like there is loads more Y availability on avios.com than through BAEC
It was shown here the other day that Avios also draws from the "G" fare bucket which is what you get if you book a BA flight & hotel/car package.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 2:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Apparently Avios.com will have a redemption sale tomorrow.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...edemption+sale
Old Jan 5, 2014, 3:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Does BA apply married segment rules to awards
I am not sure I'd want it to be too well known, but yes, effectively there are married segments for awards, though I don't think this is an example. As mentioned by Tafflyer there are some quirks for Gold cardholders. One can sometimes find award availability beginning or terminating in the regions when London shows zilch. The avios.com point is also an excellent one in this situation, but for Gold cardholders you lose the ability to amend the booking.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
For 14 February the EC website shows 5 First seats for BA 56 from JNB to LHR but only if you start in CPT and include a Comair feeder flight. If you want to book just JNB-LHR (which is the case with me) availability goes down to one single seat. Any explanations?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by planestupid
For 14 February the EC website shows 5 First seats for BA 56 from JNB to LHR but only if you start in CPT and include a Comair feeder flight. If you want to book just JNB-LHR (which is the case with me) availability goes down to one single seat. Any explanations?
I reckon this is a bug. If you try and book the 5 seats from Cape Town it'll fail as there are only 5 seats on the Comair sector, not the long haul one.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I reckon this is a bug.
It is indeed. The number of seats shown is that available on CPT-JNB, not JNB-LHR. It ought to be the lower of those figures, but this bug has been around for a while now.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by planestupid
As noted by SwissTony and Globaliser, this is a longstanding bug. See for example, the discussion here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...vs-result.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.