Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebs on BA | 2014 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2014, 4:49 am

Rita Ora in 1K on BA282 LAX-LHR last night. Mrs C thought she was Rihanna. I had to Google her to see who she was. She boarded with a couple of assistants running around after her, who then headed for the back of the plane. She kept herself very much to herself, with a hoody on, but had no problem when a crew member asked her for an autograph ("for a friend").
Old Jul 23, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Corpt
Rita Ora in 1K on BA282 LAX-LHR last night. Mrs C thought she was Rihanna.
Well they do have one similarity, in that they are both "proteges" of Jay-Z. Allegedly.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ATI Volare Premium, Priority Club Platinum, HHonors Silver
May, Hammond and Clarkson also in CCR on Tuesday morning - all looking old and a bit dishevelled
Old Jul 23, 2014, 11:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by cheryltheperil
Well they do have one similarity, in that they are both "proteges" of Jay-Z. Allegedly.
Cue some more Google usage for a lot of people on this board....
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by MrBambi
May, Hammond and Clarkson also in CCR on Tuesday morning - all looking old and a bit dishevelled
Well, they've been around for some time. As a "team" i mean. The blokiness and banter probably hides some strains and fraying of the nerves: wearing, I'd think

But the pay's good. And travelling together must be icing on the cake.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:47 am

Originally Posted by ellielovesem
OT again, apparently 5SOS aren't a boy band because they play their own instruments unlike the pop puppets that are 1D.

I don't know why I know this, I'm the wrong side of 35 therefore at least 20 years too old to even register 5SOS on my musical horizons!

5SOS are a boy space band who play their own instruments, write their own songs and do not dance (source: 15 yrs old daughter with all walls of bedroom covered in 5SOS posters)

And despite being on more mature side of 35, I'm chaperoning a party to Wembley Arena next year to see them.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by MrBambi
Fixed it for you.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 3:40 am

It's really naff for crew to ask for autographs. Pay all that money for privacy in F, get SS and then it's BA's own people who bother you captive in a seat...
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Aloxford
5SOS are a boy space band who play their own instruments, write their own songs and do not dance (source: 15 yrs old daughter with all walls of bedroom covered in 5SOS posters)

And despite being on more mature side of 35, I'm chaperoning a party to Wembley Arena next year to see them.
Ah, further information to store up next time I might 'need' it, informative

Enjoy the concert, dare I say it their tunes are pretty catchy and they are rather easy on the eye (that's wrong for me to say isn't it )
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by psollitt
Garry Lineker was in the T5 North Lounge last night , He said he got back from the world cup last week
Was he camping out there or something? Can't he afford a hotel?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
Has anyone spotted any Games of Thrones "stars" on BA recently?
Old Jul 24, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by xenole
Cue some more Google usage for a lot of people on this board....
Me for just one!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by cazoz
It's really naff for crew to ask for autographs. Pay all that money for privacy in F, get SS and then it's BA's own people who bother you captive in a seat...
Apparently its OK as long as they were using premium language in their requests
Old Jul 25, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Well you wait years to fly with a celeb and 3, maybe even 5 come along all at once.

BA1483 yesterday GLA to LHR. Spotted Roger Moore and wife Kristina in lounge sitting a few feet from BBC breakfast presenter, Bill Turnbull. Mr Moore very dapper in blazer and white flannels....very 007 JB. Bill Turnbull looked dishevelled!
Saw two others in the lounge who I recognised but could not put a name too.
007 boarded early and I was surprised to see him in to 4b or 5b as I boarded but as I glanced left the reason was clear. Duchess of Rothesay was in 1F with 1E kept empty and 1D some lady in waiting with impossible quaffed hair. For those who don't know duchess is Prince Charle's and her title is different in Scotland.
Don't know if 1D paid for nor if she had the vile snacks or rank coffee. 3 car to meet 3 of them on the Tarmac .
It meant we left early and got priority clearance to land at LHR to a waiting stand and jetty on in seconds.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Has anyone spotted any Games of Thrones "stars" on BA recently?
I believe that some were at ComicCon this week, including Maisie Williams.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.