Wiki Posts
Search

Upcoming CW refresh? Includes pics.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Upcoming CW refresh? Includes pics.

A friend of mine in the industry sent me these pics this morning. Apparently there was more material, but didn't manage to sneak more snaps in. No more details other than images/marketing material(?) of this exist.

Anyone know anything of this?

UPDATE:

I have been sent an actual image (rather than a photo of a screen). This one has a few cosmetic differences however.

Last edited by destere; Dec 21, 2013 at 8:51 am
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Presumably a mock up for the A350s. Long way to go before that happens, I think. But it screams CX Cirrus to me..... (with a nod to AA's 77W).
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:37 am

Programs: Meh
If they develop this across the fleet it would be bring me back to BA full stop. They are matching CX in terms of hard product. Then again by the time they have introduced they would be behind again probably. Also, why would anybody even upgrade to F if these seats were on offer in CW.

Would be most welcome.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Looks like the EK seats
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
If these are to be the new CW seats, it renders First (with the possible exception of the larger A380 seats) pointless in terms of hard product differential.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:55 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Presumably a mock up for the A350s. Long way to go before that happens, I think. But it screams CX Cirrus to me..... (with a nod to AA's 77W).
The AA and CX seats are the same core thing thing, as is that. IF it is real, there is obviously no reason why it could not be fitted to the 777s in the meantime, I don't think the Cirrus seat has been placed in any 787s or A380s has it? So I doubt we will see any kind of retro fit there as I suspect it's not an economical fit

Despite all the hoopla on here, the fact BA has not seen fit to place CW seats on sale to NA this Xmas, suggests there is no real rush to replace the current offering, so I doubt we'll see this anytime soon, so A350 may well be a correct assumption. IF it is real and more than just Cirrus marketing collateral
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
If these are to be the new CW seats, it renders First (with the possible exception of the larger A380 seats) pointless in terms of hard product differential.
There's still an extra 33% more space, no foot coffin, or indeed anything blocking you in your immediate forward view, it will certainly reduce the benefits though

Perhaps it would signal the end of F, apart from on the A380? Would they ever drop it to JFK though?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
My guess is that some people will be furious that your friend has circulated those images which were undoubtedly meant to be confidential. I wouldn't be surprised if someone was in for a particularly unpleasant christmas...

That said, as FTers we of course always love those 'early scoops' so thanks for posting and I hope they adopt it indeed.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:06 am

Not surprise that this might be the future of BA's Club, IIRC OW is now has agreed to source all its good in one single or manufacturer, in order to reduce cost. If BA does introduce this, they would need to up their F drastically, or else no one will pay for their F
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
It wouldn't surprise me to see BA move away from F on some routes. F only on the A380 would be fairly limiting though for BA's route network, particularly as they will only have 12 of them.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
There's still an extra 33% more space, no foot coffin, or indeed anything blocking you in your immediate forward view, it will certainly reduce the benefits though

Perhaps it would signal the end of F, apart from on the A380? Would they ever drop it to JFK though?
(Arm chair CEO engaged)

I doubt it. While BA may roll back F to key cities, it serves too many destinations that are far away enough or have the money to throw at F to lead to a total abolishment. New York and LA together are driving a renaissance in premium class transcon travel in the US. That customer base (celebrities, execs/corporate, top spending leisure travellers) will not be strangers to London in the least. Sydney is far away enough that people will shell out. SIN/HKG aren't exactly .....rdly in furnishing million/billionaires desirous of privacy and comfort. NRT would be similar. And of course mainland China...
Old Dec 21, 2013, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Amelorn
(Arm chair CEO engaged)

I doubt it. While BA may roll back F to key cities, it serves too many destinations that are far away enough or have the money to throw at F to lead to a total abolishment. New York and LA together are driving a renaissance in premium class transcon travel in the US. That customer base (celebrities, execs/corporate, top spending leisure travellers) will not be strangers to London in the least. Sydney is far away enough that people will shell out. SIN/HKG aren't exactly .....rdly in furnishing million/billionaires desirous of privacy and comfort. NRT would be similar. And of course mainland China...
HKG and LAX are 380'd up already, JNB looks likely to follow, SIN, JFK and LOS are other big F routes aren't they, otherwise is there a market for a bigger hard product that would pay for itself anywhere else, if they were to install a less space efficient J class?

We obv don't have the figures but it's hard to see them dropping J capacity alongside keeping the current F
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: MUCCI
That looks highly confidential material to me. I would suspect someone will be in a heap of xxxx for this. Likely the A350 J seat and this would be hugely confidential - no way BA would want this out at this stage when the A350 is miles off....

If this is the next Generation J then F will need to be similarly increased (although I gather that the A380 F is bigger but not tried it, yet)

FD.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:11 am

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
I don't get it, is the photo supposed to suggest that it will become a herring bone layout?

If its going to remain as front to back, it might as well stay the same....

The joke is probably on everyone, its probably the new enhanced F...
Old Dec 21, 2013, 7:13 am

Very interesting, and confirms what many people thought - CW will ultimately go the way of CX/AA with these Cirrus seats.

I don't think it spells the end of F. The current CW/F products aren't a million miles from one another today, IMHO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.