Search

Avios Transfer Tool dead?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

"Combine Avios" Tool dead?

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Trying to transfer my IB avios to BA, however every single time when I click the "combine my avios" button it just duplicates the "my execituve club" page.....

Just shown up like this:

Previously it worked fine for me, so I have no idea about what had happened.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Thanks.

Cheers
Mik

Last edited by eamond; Nov 19, 2013 at 10:14 pm Reason: add picture
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Have you tried from the IB+ side?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:36 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
Go to Manage My Account first, and THEN hit combine my avios.....that solved my similar problem
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:24 am

i did this 2 days ago with no issues
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Also try a different browser. The combine my Avios tool is even more flaky than the rest of ba.com.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Silver; BA Amex PP; Accor Plat
Did it yesterday instantaneously but I went via my Avios.com account. Do you have a Household account?

Also I did find it tricky to actually find the Combine My Avios link from IB plus.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Works fine via avios.com

BA site does appear stuffed
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

Firstly thanks all of you for the help.

Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Have you tried from the IB+ side?
No I haven't, I wasn't realized that IB has this option since I didn't see it (at least in their new website that appreantly launched yesterday or so)

Originally Posted by Omba
Go to Manage My Account first, and THEN hit combine my avios.....that solved my similar problem
Yup used this method and finally succeed in getting into the combine part - however for whatever reason the system didn't recognize my detail even though I've made sure that I had the same email address... Tricky tricky!

Originally Posted by FlyingNelly
Did it yesterday instantaneously but I went via my Avios.com account. Do you have a Household account?

Also I did find it tricky to actually find the Combine My Avios link from IB plus.
No I didn't, however used the aforementioned way to finally pass the issue - thanks!

Kind Regards
Mik
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I had the same issues today.
I tried another browser with choosing Manage My Account first and it got me to the Combine My Avios screen. When I entered my details it said that the option was already open so wouldn't work.
I ensured everything was logged out elsewhere and it failed again.
I then went back to firefox, my default browser, and when I got to the CMA screen it rejected my password!
Hmm. Maybe there will be a time out and I can try again later.
(Oh I checked in diamond club's site and my password is okay and there are miles to transfer)
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:18 am

Another data point from me - I've been trying this for a couple of days in various browsers.

Maybe I am getting old but I find it annoying that there's not an old fashioned "Report this page to the webmaster as broken" button at the bottom of the page but there is a follow on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc. Does anyone even use Google+ ?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by immunedata
Maybe I am getting old but I find it annoying that there's not an old fashioned "Report this page to the webmaster as broken" button at the bottom of the page but there is a follow on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, etc. Does anyone even use Google+ ?
As a non-user of all of those, I agree - but you can report feedback to the webmaster by going to Help and contacts at the bottom of the page, and then scrolling all the way down to the bottom of that page which is a section called "Help us improve our website", which includes a link "Website feedback survey and comments". That takes you to a webform where you it seems you can send bug reports.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Globaliser
As a non-user of all of those, I agree - but you can report feedback to the webmaster by going to Help and contacts at the bottom of the page, and then scrolling all the way down to the bottom of that page which is a section called "Help us improve our website", which includes a link "Website feedback survey and comments". That takes you to a webform where you it seems you can send bug reports.
Yes I've used this a couple of times when reporting problems about the search tool not recognising Lan routes.
It does say
Whilst we are unable to respond to site feedback, we sometimes need to contact customers to ask clarifying questions. If it's OK for us to do this, please enter your email address.
which I've did but have never got any response back.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stormbel
I had the same issues today.
I tried another browser with choosing Manage My Account first and it got me to the Combine My Avios screen. When I entered my details it said that the option was already open so wouldn't work.
I ensured everything was logged out elsewhere and it failed again.
I then went back to firefox, my default browser, and when I got to the CMA screen it rejected my password!
Hmm. Maybe there will be a time out and I can try again later.
(Oh I checked in diamond club's site and my password is okay and there are miles to transfer)
Yeah seems not to be the issue only to me! Sounds like there's really some issue up with the combine tool. Well I would probably take the suggestion from other threads just to report the issue in order to make sure that we can have our points transferred asap

Cheers Michael
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:16 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I've never been able to use CMA from BA.com.

CMA isn't available from IB+. If you want to move from IB to BA, you'll need to log in to avios.com, move from IB to avios, then from avios to BA.

Sometimes it just won't work and you'll have to try again in 1 hour/day
Old Nov 21, 2013, 1:23 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by :D!
I've never been able to use CMA from BA.com.

CMA isn't available from IB+. If you want to move from IB to BA, you'll need to log in to avios.com, move from IB to avios, then from avios to BA.

Sometimes it just won't work and you'll have to try again in 1 hour/day
I only ever use it from the IB+ side. Seeing as my home airport is MAD, I push and pull quite a bit as I find the IB one works better than the BA one. (Your method is the only valid way for HHA, though)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.