Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Leaving airport in Singapore between flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze

My daughter has an 8 hour gap at Singapore between the arrival of her Qantas flight from Australia and her onward BA flight to London (all on the same ticket). Can I check that I'm correct in telling her that she can leave the airport and meet a friend during this time? AFAIK, it's just a case of filling out the standard arrival form (UK passport) then getting back in good time for passport check and security (her luggage will be checked through to London).
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 M&B Gold, QR Silver, Flying Blue Ivory, VS Red
Short answer: yes.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Agree, very easy to do, especially in Singapore
Old Nov 10, 2013, 1:46 pm

Programs: Delta - PM , MM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Peon
They even encourage it with a free city tour (or used to).
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by tanglin
Wasn't/Isn't that for Singapore Airlines pax only though?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Originally Posted by tanglin
Wasn't/Isn't that for Singapore Airlines pax only though?
Funnily enough, it's all on the airport's website: Recommended transfer experiences and Free Singapore tour.

What the airport website doesn't seem to cover, though (unless I've missed it) is the food court in a terminal basement, landsid. It's primarily intended to be an airport staff dining facility, but (at least the last time I was there) it's also open to the public.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 6:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Le Club Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
Changi does encourage it as it provides a good boost to tourism for Singapore. It's very easy to do as well.

if the friend is in Singapore then they could make it easy and meet landside at the airport there are plenty of nice restaurants at the airport.

Just one word of caution if its raining and at peak hour when trying to go back to the airport leave plenty of time to get a taxi as sometimes you can be waiting 30mins plus to get one.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:42 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Few little things,

Depending on what passport you hold you can just fill in the landing card and go through imigration. Assuming she has a UK passport this is fine.

The tour advertised is for people who transit, it does not involve immigration clearance and you are not allowed to stray from the group. (It is a bus tour with a few stops I believe but everyone needs to get back on the bus).

8 hours gives you 5 free hours (arriving and taking mrt to town, 1 hr, back at the airport 2 hr in advance).

Even at the airport it is easy to spend 8 hours. There is a cinema, buttterfly garden, just take the internal transport between terminals to see the sights and I believe there is even a public pool.

Lots to enjoy in and around the airport or even in town. a quick trip to chinatown or bugis is a nice break.

Globalist

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.