Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Getting to anchorage - does AA still fly there?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2013, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL

I'm looking at doing LHR->ANC (and back) next August in CW / F.

Current prices in the sale via Seattle of 3/4k per head seem pretty reasonable- but having got to >3k TP this year I wouldn't mind picking up some extra TP in a sensible way (i.e. no mileage running, no silly itins, I still want to maximize my time in Alaska).

It looks like AA used to fly DFW->ANC but I can't see that flight existing for next summer. Does anyone know if it still exists? And if it does still exist at what point will it start getting sold?

I'm also mindful that this sale represents decent value - but my vague sense is that in May or so there tends to be a good sale for the upcoming summer anyway - does that sound crazy or would you guys agree?

As an aside- I've got a GUF2 that I wouldn't mind using but everything I've read suggests I can't use it to just upgrade the TATL legs on BA- would love to hear if people think otherwise.

Cheers,

Paul
Old Nov 3, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by pauljeff
I'm looking at doing LHR->ANC (and back) next August in CW / F.

Current prices in the sale via Seattle of 3/4k per head seem pretty reasonable- but having got to >3k TP this year I wouldn't mind picking up some extra TP in a sensible way (i.e. no mileage running, no silly itins, I still want to maximize my time in Alaska).

It looks like AA used to fly DFW->ANC but I can't see that flight existing for next summer. Does anyone know if it still exists? And if it does still exist at what point will it start getting sold?

I'm also mindful that this sale represents decent value - but my vague sense is that in May or so there tends to be a good sale for the upcoming summer anyway - does that sound crazy or would you guys agree?

As an aside- I've got a GUF2 that I wouldn't mind using but everything I've read suggests I can't use it to just upgrade the TATL legs on BA- would love to hear if people think otherwise.

Cheers,

Paul
AA loads summer schedule to ANC sometime in the winter. Here a few threads regarding past years.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ming-back.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ght=anc+loaded

Reference the GUF2, a recent poster in this thread said that he was recently told that he can use it to upgrade BA flights on itineraries that include other airlines:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21700255-post41.html
Old Nov 5, 2013, 11:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks! Being a muppet I'd only searched this forum, not the AA one.

On the GUF thing - looks like I'd need award availability to make this one work as part of an LHR->SEA trip (which ain't gonna exist in July!) so sadly I'll have to save it up for another time I guess!

Last edited by pauljeff; Nov 5, 2013 at 11:53 pm Reason: Grammar

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.