Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

HSBC (UK) Premier MasterCard rewards now transfer to BA, CX, EY and SQ

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 11:45 am
mia
Original Poster

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold

We've partnered with British Airways, Etihad, Asia Miles and Singapore Airlines to allow you to convert your HSBC Premier reward points to airline Frequent Flyer miles. Every £1 spend on your HSBC Premier Credit Card is worth 1 airline Frequent Flyer mile. Find out how to convert your points. Terms and Conditions apply.
http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/credit-car...er_RewardMiles

The HSBC Premier program awards two points for every £10 of eligible spend... points redeemed as part of the Miles Programme will be redeemed at a rate of 1 Reward Point for 5 miles.

http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/PA_esf-ca-ap...conditions.pdf
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
This is very interesting.

Quite tempted in moving from NatWest Black and getting HSBC Premier for this. NatWest points are only good for M&S vouchers :/

This could also mean the end of my Amex ....
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver
All very well covered in Raffles' own blog last week:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2013/10...1-avios-per-1/

As well as the current 30% promo running alongside:

http://www.headforpoints.com/2013/10...ints-to-avios/
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: Yes please
The BMI MasterCard offers twice as many Avios per pound; two instead of one.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by SouthOxon
The BMI MasterCard offers twice as many Avios per pound; two instead of one.
Not much use if you haven't already got one though, given that no-one new is getting one!
Old Oct 8, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I was wondering when that appeared as i noticed it last week and t'ferred some points from my UK hsbc premier card to my ba account. Takes a lot longer than amex (typically instant for amex i have found, hsbc has not yet appeared in my ba account). 5 miles per point i think it was, pound a mile, maybe not great considering what you can buy miles for but hey i'll take it as i don't spend the points on anything else. I'll be using my uk card for a few cayman expenses me thinks. edit, posted today, so about 3-4 working days i think.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:10 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I see that HSBC has extended the 30% bonus on Avios transfers from HSBC Premier until 31st December.

This means that you will have received 1.3 Avios per £1 spending.

The transfer needs to be completed online.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:47 pm

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Did anybody who took out one of these when they had the introductory bonus offer in November/December (Raffles covered it here) make a note of when the bonus points are supposed to post?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by louie-m
Did anybody who took out one of these when they had the introductory bonus offer in November/December (Raffles covered it here) make a note of when the bonus points are supposed to post?
Anyone? Had another statement and still no sign of the bonus points.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:22 am

Ignore me. I forgot they award 2 HSBC points for every £10. I have got the bonus on my third statement. The amount I earned including the bonus was very similar to the amount I would have got had I earned 1 point per £1 and I didn't notice.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA, OZ, A3, VA, VS, DL, QF, former BD and others
A shame HSBC do not bring this out in more countries they offer the Premier Credit Card. The Australian equivalent scheme only lets you transfer to SQ and CX which is a bit limiting. Adding BA and EY to the Australian scheme would be make it more useful. The US scheme does include BA however.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver/ows, CX AsiaMiles (not even GR anymore!) missing my GO days
Originally Posted by wyvern
A shame HSBC do not bring this out in more countries they offer the Premier Credit Card. The Australian equivalent scheme only lets you transfer to SQ and CX which is a bit limiting. Adding BA and EY to the Australian scheme would be make it more useful. The US scheme does include BA however.
Might the issue there be that technically Australians aren't able to join BAEC? Not that this is entirely an excuse given that these Premier cards are marketed to "global" customers -- I have Premier credit cards issued in the US, UK and Hong Kong (long story!). So surely not out of the realm of possibility for a non-Australian resident to have the card and a BAEC acct. The HK card allows transfers to BAEC, by the by, and at extremely attractive rates if you sign up for the right promotions.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:24 am

Going off topic a little, does anyone have this card and have gotten iPass from it? Can’t find any other info about it and thought this thread would get some visibility.
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Going off topic a little, does anyone have this card and have gotten iPass from it? Can’t find any other info about it and thought this thread would get some visibility.
I got the card years ago and did get iPass with it and still use it from time to time. No idea what I’d do if wanted to move it to a new device though!
Old Aug 13, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Accor Silver, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I think only the Premier World Elite Card gets iPass now - info here: https://www.ipass.com/support/

Both cards I think also get Boingo Wifi access - I've used this a number of times. Info here - https://redeem.boingo.com/mcsi/.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.