Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finding sale offers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2013, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Finding sale offers

Am I the only one who is bemused by the search facility linked to the current sale offers?
The first banner invites one to click to 'See all offers', then provides choices loosely grouped by region. However, the next click to 'holidays on sale' simply redirects to the 'Holiday Finder' function, with the chosen region selected. There is no further indication of sale prices, dates, etc.
To me, at least, this seems to be the norm during sale periods, or am I missing something?
Banners which entice with promises of sale offers but which then default to the generic search facility seem to miss the point - I don't know if these are sale prices or not!
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:33 pm

Exclamation

Better to follow the Continental Club Blog, which always prompts you when there is a sale, and also lists the fares so you can easily see what's out there; especially handy if you're chasing TPs and shopping more on price rather than destination:

http://blog.continentalclub.co.uk/of...6th-june-2013/
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
If you are looking for flights only, then the 'Find cheapest flights' page usually works pretty well.

Holiday offers are usually best viewed on the normal Holidays front page, or log into BAEC and go to 'offers'. Not all are listed there though, rather annoyingly.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to both - I'll try keeping an eye on the blog suggested.
I still think BA really ought to follow through on the sale banners by actually listing some sale flights/holidays!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.