Wiki Posts
Search

Terminal transfers direct from T5C

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold
Terminal transfers direct from T5C

When I fell off my 747 yesterday morning I came down the escalators in 5C and was surprised to find myself queuing for a bus to T3. When did that happen? Every other time I have gone back to T5 on the train and took the bus there?

Is it new or have I been wasting time forever? Anyway, its a great improvement.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
I've been wondering this too but never find a bus stop at T5B or C. I remember a bus from T5 to T3 have stopped at either satellite B or C to pick up passengers last October but I haven't ever find how to get to the B/C bus stop. Who to get there?
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by OldHigsonian
When I fell off my 747 yesterday morning I came down the escalators in 5C and was surprised to find myself queuing for a bus to T3. When did that happen? Every other time I have gone back to T5 on the train and took the bus there?

Is it new or have I been wasting time forever? Anyway, its a great improvement.
Indeed there is a bus service direct from - well I thought it was 5B actually. It goes from the back of that building facing into 5C. Thinking it through, since it is not related to Terminal 5B Flight Connections (in other words a security check) I guess it could also be 5C too, I just haven't seen it yet. But 5B has been used for quite some time for connections to 1, 3 and 4. In Gate B there is a clear set of Flight Connection signs pointing you to Terminals 1, 3 and 4.

What happens is that a message gets relayed to Gate 10 in A that you are in B, the driver is then advised to pick up 5A passengers, then go around 5B and collect from there (and presumably 5C too). They don't go around to the outlying gates unless the advice has been given. Typically you will be the only passenger to be picked up, but there should be other passengers on the bus who started at A10.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
The connections buses from T5 to T1, 3 & 4 always drove past T5B. BA has negotiated with HAL to arrange for the buses to stop at T5B and collect customers there to avoid everyone having to take the transit from B to A. IIRC, it does not stop at T5C as this is not on the route to the other terminals and would require a diversion and increased journey time. If customers are collected from there, it would usually be a one off due to tight connections and BA being granted permission to do a tarmac transfer from aircraft to the other terminal.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by SpeedbirdLHR
The connections buses from T5 to T1, 3 & 4 always drove past T5B. BA has negotiated with HAL to arrange for the buses to stop at T5B and collect customers there to avoid everyone having to take the transit from B to A. IIRC, it does not stop at T5C as this is not on the route to the other terminals and would require a diversion and increased journey time. If customers are collected from there, it would usually be a one off due to tight connections and BA being granted permission to do a tarmac transfer from aircraft to the other terminal.
it could well be T5B. No idea why I wrote T5C as I had no idea where I was. I just stumbled off and down the 1st escalator and was heading to the train and spotted "flight connections". It was behind the first escalator.

I guess it is hard to get there from T5C? Can you get off at T5B and take a lift up to that floor? Maybe not worth it.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by OldHigsonian
it could well be T5B. No idea why I wrote T5C as I had no idea where I was.
If you tell us which flight, it might well be possible to find out which gate it was from http://www.lhr-lgw.co.uk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.