Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Thanks, I think I should have expressed my scenario 2 more clearly.

1 passenger, 1 through BA ticket (redemption), no status, domestic to LHR with onward sameday to JFK in F all on BA metal. That gives CCR access in LHR for F passenger plus guest (assume guest on same flight), BUT as to the domestic lounge, that gives domestic lounge access to the F passenger but I don't think that gives access for a guest (bar any blagging...).

I think it's in the lap of the dragon on the day!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:42 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by rjn21
Thanks, I think I should have expressed my scenario 2 more clearly.

1 passenger, 1 through BA ticket (redemption), no status, domestic to LHR with onward sameday to JFK in F all on BA metal. That gives CCR access in LHR for F passenger plus guest (assume guest on same flight), BUT as to the domestic lounge, that gives domestic lounge access to the F passenger but I don't think that gives access for a guest (bar any blagging...).

I think it's in the lap of the dragon on the day!
The oneworld rules are clear: "First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline."
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:09 am

When flying F, can you still guest someone into the regional galleries before the domestic connection?
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nux
The oneworld rules are clear: "First Class passengers may invite one guest to join them in the lounge. The guest must also be travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline."
Indeed but the passenger isn't in First Class at the domestic location. Hence I think the lounge agent's viewpoint may carry more weight on the day.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Thanks CWS. That was my guess!
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Indeed but the passenger isn't in First Class at the domestic location. Hence I think the lounge agent's viewpoint may carry more weight on the day.
Being in a similar position (with guests at a regional galleries before a domestic connection to an F flight). Should I come armed with the print out of the lounge rules? Would be a shame if my guests are denied by misunderstanding of the rules.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 4:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Being in a similar position (with guests at a regional galleries before a domestic connection to an F flight). Should I come armed with the print out of the lounge rules? Would be a shame if my guests are denied by misunderstanding of the rules.
Um, well the point I was trying to make is that I don't think it's for sure they do have access under the rules! But they may have access under commonsense. Again it may be your guests have lounge access if they are in WTP but that is for other reasons.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Um, well the point I was trying to make is that I don't think it's for sure they do have access under the rules! But they may have access under commonsense. Again it may be your guests have lounge access if they are in WTP but that is for other reasons.
They are in Y and will be joining us in the CCR beforehand also. Perhaps I could get YouFirst to give the outstation a call beforehand (I'm sure I've read this somewhere). I have Status to guest one in though there are two guests so we were was relying on our connecting F tickets for the other. Perhaps presumptuous now though I persuaded them to fly a day later to the same destination so as that we could guest them into the lounge beforehand. Obviously the CCR will not be an issue though I had never even thought the domestic lounge could be.

Last edited by pazza2000; Jun 8, 2015 at 5:13 am
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
They are in Y and will be joining us in the CCR beforehand also. Perhaps I could get YouFirst to give the outstation a call beforehand (I sure I've read this somewhere). I have Status to guest one in though there are two guests so we were was relying on our conmecting F tickets for the other. Perhaps presumptuous now though I persuaded them to fly a day later to the same destination so as that we could guest them into the lounge beforehand. Obviously the CCR will not be an issue though I had never even thought the domestic lounge could be.
That is a wise idea. Give them a call and ask their view on your situation. If they agree access is permitted ask them to call the lounge and put the passengers name on the door list 'to avoid embarrassment on the day if the door agent is unfamiliar with the rules'.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
That is a wise idea. Give them a call and ask their view on your situation. If they agree access is permitted ask them to call the lounge and put the passengers name on the door list 'to avoid embarrassment on the day if the door agent is unfamiliar with the rules'.
Called YF. They agreed our connecting F tickets should grant us access at the domestic lounges and any issues on the day to have the lounge guardians call the GGL line (I assume they and YouFirst are the same?). Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
I'm flying F arriving at LHR on BA248 at 1:10 PM. I saw that the Arrivals Lounge closes as 2 PM, do I have enough time to go through customs and get into the lounge? If I arrive minutes before it closes, do I get kicked out at 2 PM?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 8:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Called YF. They agreed our connecting F tickets should grant us access at the domestic lounges and any issues on the day to have the lounge guardians call the GGL line (I assume they and YouFirst are the same?). Thanks
Yes, the GGL and You First team are one and the same.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: AB Gold, LH FTL, ST ElitePlus, HH Gold, LeClub Plat, Melia Gold
I know lounge access can't be purchased but I was just wondering if that was the case even if I'm status holder and would only be willing to pay for my second guest's entry to the lounge? (OWS) I want to enjoy the lounge but at the same time avoid an awkward situation!
Thank you

PS: this would concern passengers accompanying me, all flying economy from LHR T3
Old Jun 25, 2015, 5:57 pm

Generally you can't pay for entry. Well you can of course pay for a ticket which gives entry. There are some exceptions and - for example - a paid for lounge is being opened in T5 in just over a month. Also at some outstations, sometimes it is possible to pay for entrance at contract lounges. But generally speaking you can't do it.

Now at T3 there is a Swissport lounge which allows paid for admission for £15 each. You own Sapphire card won't count for anything there. Ditto at the No. 1 lounge in T3, which also does paid admission.

For the BA / AA and CX lounges, I don't think your second guest would be allowed, particularly in the summer months. If it was a small child CX probably would be indulgent.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Airline independent, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
I'm flying a 1:45am EWR-HKG flight in Cathay Business this Thursday, and I'm trying to find out when the correct closing time for the BA Galleries at EWR is. LoungeBuddy says 1:30am, I've seen several reports of late night access, but BA's website says it closes at 10:45pm daily. Anyone been there after that within the past few months?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.