Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T1 domestic to T5 domestic without a passport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat OZ Diamond SK Diamond BA Blue
I've had the same issue routing BHD to NCL via LHR. It was compounded by not being an EU citizen but having valid if indemonstrable right of UK abode at the time. I will never follow Flight Connections again.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
I would be interested to know where the UKBA would send a UK citizen back to if they are refused entry after a domestic flight. If they are paying then I would like somewhere hot and sunny.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
I can't be the only one who now wants to try this out! Let's make it an FT do.
^ Let's make it a worthwhile FT do. LBA-LHR-MAN-LHR-LBA back-to-back
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Originally Posted by heartybob
^ Let's make it a worthwhile FT do. LBA-LHR-MAN-LHR-LBA back-to-back
You are gonna give some LHR Jobsworth a heart attack!
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by visualAd
I would be interested to know where the UKBA would send a UK citizen back to if they are refused entry after a domestic flight. If they are paying then I would like somewhere hot and sunny.
Saxony? Scandinavia? Normandy? Hanover?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by visualAd
I would be interested to know where the UKBA would send a UK citizen back to if they are refused entry after a domestic flight.
Wow! You cannot be refused entry into your own country as long as you can prove your identity. A friend of a friend works for the UKBF on the enforcement side and I asked her this question.

A pretty messy process though. Obviously they missed out the user acceptance/integration testing.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA/EC Silver

Interesting! But surely one can just go through the fasttrack thing, and there is the majic door... Oh let me guess BAA in their wisdom and design genius only made it accessible to T5 arriving aircraft (domestic gates). Nice...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
Originally Posted by matthandy
Wow! You cannot be refused entry into your own country as long as you can prove your identity.
But what if you never left the country in the first place
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I had something similar last year, where I realised at the gate at T5 for the flight to TXL that I had forgotten my passport and the Heathrow lady inadvertently took me out via International Arrivals (not BA’s fault at all in this case). The world weary but courteous Chief Immigration Officer was nothing but pleasant while I rather lamely tried to convince him I am resident in the UK (as a non-UK citizen lacking photo ID of any sort whatsoever) – after some time on the bench of shame I was allowed to forlornly re-enter the country

UKBA has its faults, but the individuals I encounter at the border tend to be reasonable enough.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 2:23 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Wow! You cannot be refused entry into your own country as long as you can prove your identity.
BA's own guidelines say that, for a domestic flight, an Executive Club card is sufficient ID to travel. I'm not sure this would satisfy UKBF.
Another one for the FT day out?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 3:46 am

Wow! You cannot be refused entry into your own country as long as you can prove your identity. A friend of a friend works for the UKBF on the enforcement side and I asked her this question.
That's all fine and dandy up to the point that UKBF says that the only proof of identity they will accept is a valid passport... and you don't have it with you!
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
One assumes they have a digital copy of your passport on file which, again the dangers of assuming, would have your face on it. Hence, a quick database query under name and DOB and hey presto. It's not actually rocket science.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: BA, TK, EK
Originally Posted by daftboy
UKBA has its faults, but the individuals I encounter at the border tend to be reasonable enough.
Agreed. I once was a naughty boy and used the e-passport gate on a CTA arrival into LGW South (as there was no queue there, compared to a queue out of the immigration hall and back to one of the piers for the UK/ROI arrivals BP checker). Some jobsworth LGW staffer shouted at me (but not before I got into the gate and as such could not return back to him) and desperately wanted the immigration officer to send me back. Instead, he took one look at my passport, and said with a big smile 'technically you're not supposed to do that... but welcome to the UK'.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:45 am

Not LHR, but if connecting on a domestic flight at LGW can I use Flight Connections as long as I have my passport?
Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:07 am

Programs: ABBA
Huzzah for IRIS, at least for T1->T5 connections.

You could always claim asylum at the border. That would incentivise them to find out your citizenship

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.