Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfering at LHR T5-T3

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Transfering at LHR T5-T3

Good morning from a lovely quiet GF in T3.
Have things improved or what? This is one of the busier Mondays in the annual calendar and yet connecting from T5 to T3 was probably more painless than a direct T5-T5 transfer. Plane arrived around 8.50, and by 9.20 I was through security and in the main crammed departure lounge at T3. ^ We'll see what the reverse transfer is like on Friday...

Now, should I stay here or try out the CX F lounge?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
Had a similar experience travelling on 22 Dec transferring T5 to T3: very painless, all in all. GF was incredibly quiet then as well, and I was happy just staying there in the calm drinking pop!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: BA Gold
Complete opposite experience for me on the 28th Dec going T5 to T3. Nobody was paying any attention to the laptops and liquids out of the bag request, which slowed the whole process down. Took close to 30 minutes to get through.

Didn't appear to be any form of fast track operating either. (Not having transferred before, I wasn't sure if fast track existed at flight connections).
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Petrus

Now, should I stay here or try out the CX F lounge?
If you want some noodles go to the CX F lounge.
But I think there may be some noodles at BA F lounge at the moment as well (I am not sure, I don't pay much attention to noodles).

Or you could just go there for a look. It's nice enough but not that big and last time I was there, there were 4 people doing competitive loud-talking on their respective mobiles, including one wandering around at the same time, so I had difficulties coping with the noise level. Certainly not CX lounge's fault but I had never had that at BA T3 F lounge yet, probably due to being larger.

T5 security at 5am this morning was blissfully quiet.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 5:03 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AY Lumo, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
Complete opposite experience for me on the 28th Dec going T5 to T3. Nobody was paying any attention to the laptops and liquids out of the bag request, which slowed the whole process down. Took close to 30 minutes to get through.

Didn't appear to be any form of fast track operating either. (Not having transferred before, I wasn't sure if fast track existed at flight connections).
At what time did you make the connection?
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:30 am
Suspended

The view from the CX lounge is better with the full height glass onto the apron if you like spotting. cX offers some made to order items. The champagne is better at BA. I think CX is serving VCP.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Yes, stunning view from the CX F lounge. Sleek nice design also. Veuve is the Champagne indeed. The buffet in T3 GF was very weak by the way.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Petrus
The buffet in T3 GF was very weak by the way.
You don't really have a buffet there during the day apart from cold items. Instead, most buffet items (the signs are on the top shelf of the buffet) are to order for table service in addition to what is on the menu.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
You don't really have a buffet there during the day apart from cold items. Instead, most buffet items (the signs are on the top shelf of the buffet) are to order for table service in addition to what is on the menu.
I think CX uses same caterers as BA for the lounges - ESP for breakfast = same sausages, eggs etc...
Old Jan 7, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Well, I think it depends in large part on the wait for the bus (not so nice when the doors close in your face) and the size of the crowd in front of you at security. No FT through security at T3 Flight Connections, but I don't believe they are grabbing every 5th bag there for their "random" manual search, either, so could well be faster, and I have not encountered any nasties like the ones on the T5 staff, so quite possibly less unpleasant, too.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by hrnt
At what time did you make the connection?
At around 6pm.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Hello from CCR.

Return connection today. Touched down at LHR 13.48. Bus gate at T3. 20 minutes later I was at T5 Flight connections. Very good. However, T5 FC was a mess so I back tracked and entered Blighty via e-gates and headed up to South Security for an empty Fast Track, to be be met by Quentin Tarantino and Jamie Foxx outside the CCR door. LAX obviously.

So, that's 2 out of 2 top class T5-T3 transfers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.