Wiki Posts
Search

Stress reducing general rant thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2014, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
When kids become young adult and live the other side of the world, they come to visit and then leave, the pain is so bad, it is as if someone ripped ones heart out.

Give your little cutie pies another kiss tonight.
To them they're adults but to you they're still running around pooing nappies, drawing on walls, crying, worrying about their first day of school, coming home in tears after an squabble, having nightmares, and giving you daily kisses before bed.

Remember, they miss you just as much.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by WeAreFlyingHigh
To them they're adults but to you they're still running around pooing nappies, drawing on walls, crying, worrying about their first day of school, coming home in tears after an squabble, having nightmares, and giving you daily kisses before bed.

Remember, they miss you just as much.
Yes they do miss me just as much, hate the growing up.

As for that young lady FA, I really feel bad for her. Those idiots. As I told me kid today, money doesn't make one classy. One earns class.

I hope she felt better or a bit better after your talk, someone threw something at her????? Whoever did, shouldn't be flying on any US airlines, they'd find themselves eyeing federal marshals.

Poor poor lady.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Having found Avios seats and gone through the booking process I get a message
SORRY our systems are not responding please try again later.
is anyone else having such issue tonight?
It for avios booking and payment card is a saved card with the correct safe key data. Have tried on an iPad and Mac and both have now failed three times. any advice very welcome
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by binman
Having found Avios seats and gone through the booking process I get a message
SORRY our systems are not responding please try again later.
is anyone else having such issue tonight?
It for avios booking and payment card is a saved card with the correct safe key data. Have tried on an iPad and Mac and both have now failed three times. any advice very welcome
Just pick up the phone.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 6:03 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
As for that young lady FA, I really feel bad for her. Those idiots. As I told me kid today, money doesn't make one classy. One earns class.

Poor poor lady.
+1000 Yahillwe. And +1000 on giving your kids another kiss tonight too. ^
Old Sep 12, 2014, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Time passes so quickly, it is already Sept 12.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Time passes so quickly, it is already Sept 12.
According to some shops in the UK, its Christmas time!!!!!!
Old Sep 23, 2014, 3:55 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
I'm fit to be tied down at the moment, as my soulmate is feeling a great deal of emotional pain, rejection and frustration at being cast out of a band she helped form and develop, being loyal to a fault over several years to them.

To add injury to insult, she wasn't even told in person but rather by email, how callous.

I know that later she will grow stronger because of this and I truly believe some good will come of it in the end for her but watching a loved one go through pain and feeling helpless to change the situation has me quietly vibrating with rage.

Also feeling deeply sad about what this says about the people involved, I guess it is better to know them for what they are and hope they become better people later in life.

Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BotB
I'm fit to be tied down at the moment, as my soulmate is feeling a great deal of emotional pain, rejection and frustration at being cast out of a band she helped form and develop, being loyal to a fault over several years to them.

To add injury to insult, she wasn't even told in person but rather by email, how callous.

I know that later she will grow stronger because of this and I truly believe some good will come of it in the end for her but watching a loved one go through pain and feeling helpless to change the situation has me quietly vibrating with rage.

Also feeling deeply sad about what this says about the people involved, I guess it is better to know them for what they are and hope they become better people later in life.

I feel your frustration, having been on the receiving end of it a few times. Even though my only involvement nowerdays is the occasional foray on the opposite side of the studio glass, I still regard it as a highly narcissic industry which I prefer to stay away from.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by BotB

grr...may black rainclouds haunt them
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

She is very lucky to have you cloudman, very lucky indeed. ^
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WeAreFlyingHigh
My rant...

Dear Mr Businessman,

I realise you may have a property empire and I realise you like to take away your wife and 3 kids away on a luxury holiday, but being wealthy does not give you an excuse to treat people like dirt. It certainly doesn't give you a right to remind the cabin crew 10 times in a 9 hour flight you are spending more money on your holiday than they earn in a year.

It certainty does not give you the right to call the CC under-achieving school drop outs whose parents would be far more proud of them if they were lawyers or doctors. Offering your 14 year old son's help at teaching GCSE maths because they were too stupid to understand it themselves certainly doesn't score you any brownie points. Similarly, telling CC you would disown your daughter if she became something as low and not classy as a 'trolley dolly tart' is offensive on all levels. Laughing in their face when one casually mentioned she cannot afford to fly First is rude also.

Get a grip of yourself. Money can buy a first class flight but it can't buy manners or decency.

Thank God the crew members held their head up high, ignored the comments and carried on giving kick ... service. They received endless praise from me.

RANT OVER
I wouldn't have been able to bite my tongue, certain I will but I will also speak up if I feel someone is being way out of line.

Feel sorry for her and hope that guy gets whats coming to him.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Minor 1st World rant ...

Entering the IAD Lounge half an hour ago, my BP was scanned happily and i am waved in. Then my wife presents hers, and the Agent says "Ah, and you're his guest". "No, I'm me", says wife, a Silver in her own right as stated on her BP. .... "And you're his guest," the Agent repeats. "No, I'm ME", says wife again but more assertively.

When the BP has Sapphire/BA/Silver on it twice, and the Agent is looking at a computer screen presumably showing some meaningful eligibility data, you would think the Agent would have noticed.

Our fault for failing to get a UuA this sector, and thus travelling in W, I guess
Old Oct 2, 2014, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott Platinum and BAEC blue again :'(
Situation 1:

On a CE flight to Nice a young boy (must have been 3-4) was crawling up and down the aisle playing with a toy fire engine. His behaviour was complete with the whaling sound of "nee naw, nee naw." His seat was at the back of the aircraft but nonetheless he interuppted my quiet. In fairness to the crew they kept on removing him from the section of the cabin and did ask his parents to keep him quiet/in his seat, but his parents did not listen and instead joined in with the 'nee naw' song. Some people should be forcefully sterilized when young.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
Our fault for failing to get a UuA this sector, and thus travelling in W, I guess
My sincerest thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Stay strong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.