Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | Far East

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
There is also a Cathay operated lounge at ICN, or at least there was when I visited in February.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by britbronco22
There is also a Cathay operated lounge at ICN, or at least there was when I visited in February.
There's a Cathay and a JAL lounge in the Satellite terminal. Both very small though.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by phol
There's a Cathay and a JAL lounge in the Satellite terminal. Both very small though.
The JAL one isn't there anymore. I had to use the KAL lounge when flying JAL a few months back.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

The lounge card covering the First Class section of Cathay Pacific's The Wing lounge has been updated. For more information on this refurbished lounge, see http://www.cathaypacific.com/cpa/en_.../hklounge_wing
Old Mar 30, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
ICN Seoul

Note, while we have been informed that BA has formed an agreement with Asiana at ICN, it is unclear at the moment if this agreement relates to both the lounges listed above. Hopefully, a kind sole (groan!!) will feedback the definitive position soon.
I was in ICN yesterday and I am pleased to confirm that these are the lounges and that the First Class Asiana Lounge is accessible to First class passengers AND BAEC Gold holders.

The First lounge had good champagne (Tat) and Johnnie Walker Blue. It is nice and quiet. The food was nothing great but the duck breast was delicious.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold.
Has anyone visited the refurbished SIN BA lounge? How is it? Does it compare favorably to the new QF J class alternative?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: AA plat pro, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by duckied
Has anyone visited the refurbished SIN BA lounge? How is it? Does it compare favorably to the new QF J class alternative?
The new QF J lounge in SIN is really fantastic, beats any BA lounge I have come across, alone for food.

We are talking (QF J lounge):
Hot and cold , really nice buffet
Prepared to order hot food by the chef
Prepared to order cocktails at the bar
Great service
Etc...

I dont really bother visiting the BA lounge in SIN anymore, especially as there is no GF.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'll be visiting on Monday next week and I'll be doing a trip report. I'll take some photos.

I also have photos of the CX lounge at ICN if Prospero would like to put a lounge card together.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
The BA lounge in SIN hasn't been refurbished yet. It's still in the old BA/QF First lounge style, albeit with signs changed at the entrance. The refurbishment is planned for Q4 2013.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Prospero, some corrections required to the lounge cards following the messy break-up of BA/QF...

In HKG, the lounges are solely QF-operated - Qantas International First lounge, and Qantas International Business lounge.

In SIN, the former BA/QF Business lounge is now the QF-operated Qantas Singapore Lounge. The former BA/QF First lounge is now the BA-operated British Airways Lounge.

In BKK, the former BA/QF Business lounge is now the QF-operated Qantas International Business lounge. The former BA/QF First lounge is now the BA-operated British Airways Lounge.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:24 pm
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
In the Cathay Pacific and Dragonair PVG's lounge there is no champagne.
Last visit was on june 2nd, 2013.
Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:20 pm

Hey all,

Can anyone advise me if there are any OneWorld F class lounges at BKK anymore? I believe that the previously joint QF/BA lounges have now been dissolved with each carrier now operating their own.

Is there still separate facilities for F passengers in the BA lounge - or any OW lounge at BKK for that matter?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 22, 2013, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone advise me if there are any OneWorld F class lounges at BKK anymore? I believe that the previously joint QF/BA lounges have now been dissolved with each carrier now operating their own.

Is there still separate facilities for F passengers in the BA lounge - or any OW lounge at BKK for that matter?
No, there are separate BA and QF lounges, but they are both business class lounges. There is also the CX lounge, but again that's a business class lounge. No separate first class sections in any of these lounges.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:24 pm

Thankyou for the info Genius, though a disappointment to hear.

I can understand QF not having a F lounge as they no longer offer F to bkk (likewise JAL and CX) but I would have thought BA would have had separate facilities.

Has anyone recently visited the QF & BA lounges in BKK? I believe they are directly opposite each other. If so, can they recommend one over the other? Though I guess given their proximity I can always 'lounge hop'. I recently flew BKK-HKG on CX. Their lounge is an absolute dismal offering. Forget showers, there were not even bathrooms within the lounge. Though I guess theirs is a a more short haul set up.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Thankyou for the info Genius, though a disappointment to hear.

I can understand QF not having a F lounge as they no longer offer F to bkk (likewise JAL and CX) but I would have thought BA would have had separate facilities.
I think BA is getting rid of F to BKK, from the start of the winter timetable when it moves to a 3-class 777.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.