Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by surryson
Great work by all involved, many thanks. ^^^

Not usually one to moan but I am travelling to LIS next week in Club. 15:20 dep from LHR and I am very disappointed that it appears it will be afternoon tea that is being served. Can't fathom a significant difference between some sandwiches and a wrap. It's a former Band 3B route and the flying time is normally between 2.10 and 2.30. Flight arrives at 6pm-ish too.

Bigger things to worry about in the world of course, just quite disappointing, especially as I only had enough miles to do Club one way, and I chose the outbound as I'd be in the office until lunchtime then thought I'd get on the flight and have a couple of drinks and a nice hot meal.
As mentioned I also think it should be all day lunch/dinner at least for band 3 but for the records, isn't afternoon tea what you would already have been served on that band with that departure time? So would it make it a disappointment it hasn't been improved rather than disappointment it has been downgraded?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
For the benefit of anyone outside Europe who hasn't seen the new snack basket, offered outside breakfast time on Domestics, and on various EuroTraveller service. The spoon is there to give a size indicator - it's a teaspoon. Nutritional information at the end, basically the biscuits have the most calories, the crisps the least.

The Forest Feast Emerald Mountain Trail Mix consists of approximately 6 nuts, 6 chocolate raisins, 6 raisins and a few dried cranberries. Packaged in Northern Ireland. 20 grams.

The Real Handcooked Sea Salt flavour potato crisps come from Wales. 15 grams. This has about 20 mini crisps, possibly the equivalent of half a dozen big crisps.

Lily o'Brien's Double Chocolate Chip Cookies - 2 biscuits. 38 grams, made in the Irish Republic.

Nutritional information per package:
Forest Feast = 97 kCalories. Fat = 5.7g, of which saturated fat = 1.0g.
Real Crisps = 73 kCal. Fat = 4.5g, saturated = 0.6g
Cookies = 200 kCal. Fat = 11g, saturated = 4.4g

Allergy advice:
Forest Feast = Nuts, soya, milk. Packaged in a factory handling peanuts and sesame seeds
Crisps = none (the word "none" is stated on the package as if to imply no allergy concerns).
Cookies = Wheat, milk, gluten, soya, eggs. May contain traces of nuts.
Thank you for this.

I had the "Forest Feast" option the other day. "Feast" it was not!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by surryson
Great work by all involved, many thanks. ^^^

Not usually one to moan but I am travelling to LIS next week in Club. 15:20 dep from LHR and I am very disappointed that it appears it will be afternoon tea that is being served. Can't fathom a significant difference between some sandwiches and a wrap. It's a former Band 3B route and the flying time is normally between 2.10 and 2.30. Flight arrives at 6pm-ish too.

Bigger things to worry about in the world of course, just quite disappointing, especially as I only had enough miles to do Club one way, and I chose the outbound as I'd be in the office until lunchtime then thought I'd get on the flight and have a couple of drinks and a nice hot meal.
Even with the former catering shedule, this flight would have had afternoon tea.

Many crew are feeding back to BA that we don't feel afternoon tea is good on Band 3 flights but the best thing to do is to make BA aware of your views. Write in or use the feedback form on BA.com but also ask your particular crew to feed back your views via their iPad.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:42 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by BAflyer2007
Thank you for this.

I had the "Forest Feast" option the other day. "Feast" it was not!
But they are really tasty! You can ask for more as we are over catered on these flights now.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
But they are really tasty! You can ask for more as we are over catered on these flights now.
They were tasty! (especially the chocolate ones)

Didn't mean to sound negative as it's good to see BA mixing things up with new offerings.

On a side note, do you know how often the wine is changed? On my last couple of ET flights its been a red topped Spanish red and the Malbec was much better.

Last edited by BAflyer2007; Nov 13, 2012 at 3:16 am
Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: Priority BA Exec Club Air Miles
I too had the Trail Mix on Saturday and it really wasn't worth it!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Oh no! I was expected the full sized bags of Real Crisps - not these titchy tiny ones!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Oh no! I was expected the full sized bags of Real Crisps - not these titchy tiny ones!
So was I!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC silver, MC platinum, AmEx gold
Originally Posted by Littlegirl:19641447
Originally Posted by oslogutt999
Indeed.

It looks the lunchtime flight from OSL to LHR, usually my CE flight of choice leaving a few work hours before heading to London during lunch hour (although a 2hr, 20 min flight) is now within the dreaded 'extended breakfast' hours ("enhanced" into brunch).

Unlucky, I guess, as the flight is scheduled for 4 mins before the new lunch hour on-board kicks in
Please contact Customer Relations and inform them that this will upset you and ask them to forward your thoughts to Inflight Customer Experience.

BA are monitoring all feedback and they will act to change things very quickly if feedback comes in about any issue. They will only act on issues if people let them know.
Thanks, I'll do so!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:19 pm

BA 938 LHR-DUS November 2012 Club Europe

November 2012
British Airways Club Europe Breakfast on Tier 1 flight
BA 938 LHR-DUS 9:10am departure

Choice of
Hot breakfast
Or
Smoked salmon with cream cheese and bagel

Bircher Muesli with Mixed Berries yogurt made by DO & CO

Chocolate croissant
Old Nov 14, 2012, 9:58 pm

BA 847 WAW-LHR November 2012 CE

November 2012
British Airways Club Europe
Lunch on Tier 3 flight

BA 847
Warsaw to London Heathrow

Choice of
Grilled Chicken Salad
Or
Prawn Curry with saffron rice and pak choy

Assorted Breads – Soft Ciabatta style rolls

Blueberry crumble with mascarpone cream made by DO & CO

Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E+, LH Sen, Accor Plat, Base level: AF, AS, DL, Hilton, IHG
I'm sorry to see that the Dormens' snacks have disappeared - As a domestic traveller I enjoyed those (especially the mini poppadoms) and the fact there was a changing cycle of different snack types.

Will there be a rotation of different snack options, or it fixed going forward?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 1:33 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Pimento mozzarella omelette with sauteed mushrooms, grilled tomato and rosti potatoes
(Band 4 breakfast option)

On a flight from IST to LHR, no sign of mozzarella was detected in the omelette, although the rest of it was all there in glory.

Does the omelette ex-LHR have any mozzarella or other cheese flavour? I remember OTP also was devoid of any cheese or its flavour when it was supposed to be emmental omelette, so I'm wondering if it is a down-route thing or not?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
(Band 4 breakfast option)

On a flight from IST to LHR, no sign of mozzarella was detected in the omelette, although the rest of it was all there in glory.

Does the omelette ex-LHR have any mozzarella or other cheese flavour? I remember OTP also was devoid of any cheese or its flavour when it was supposed to be emmental omelette, so I'm wondering if it is a down-route thing or not?
Yes, it does.

The catering when loaded down route as on Band 4s or early morning departures for all night stopping aircraft will be different to the schedule as it is sourced locally.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:04 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
You can ask for more as we are over catered on these flights now.
Apparently not! The passenger sitting across from me on the BA940 to DUS on Sunday was given short-shrift by the Cabin Crew member operating in Euro Traveller when he picked all three "goodies" out of the basket.

"You can only take one" she said. "But if there is any extra, I will come back"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.