Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Thanks Littlegirl. The first post needs to be corrected in this case. I am waiting to board BA363 LYS-LHR just now so will soon be able to see what I get at dinner time.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by stifle
Thanks Littlegirl. The first post needs to be corrected in this case. I am waiting to board BA363 LYS-LHR just now so will soon be able to see what I get at dinner time.
Just had a look and it looks right to me.
Were you looking at the correct time range.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:14 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
You should receive a single wrap and your choice of drinks from the bar and tea and coffee.

Hope you enjoy your flight.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:23 am

Programs: BA/EC Silver
Nice guide! ...but what happened to band 3A/3B? Blended in to one perchance? Or am I going nuts?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by VolcanoMan
Nice guide! ...but what happened to band 3A/3B? Blended in to one perchance? Or am I going nuts?
Yes, flights still do fall into two categories for some internal bar loadings but for catering, they are the same now.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Thank you all for a very comprehensive piece of work ^

Is Lea & Perrins loaded on all bars ? The Lufty offer of "would you like some salt and pepper with that, sir ?" doesn't really cut it
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by dunk
Thank you all for a very comprehensive piece of work ^

Is Lea & Perrins loaded on all bars ? The Lufty offer of "would you like some salt and pepper with that, sir ?" doesn't really cut it
Yes, we carry Lea and Perrins on all flights in all cabins.

Interestingly, German passengers drink the most Tomato juice of all the nationalities, particularly in the morning, but very rarely ask for Lee and Perrins.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Originally Posted by Littlegirl

Interestingly, German passengers drink the most Tomato juice of all the nationalities, particularly in the morning, but very rarely ask for Lee and Perrins.
Thank you, I am much relieved. I love tomato juice, with or without vodka, but definitely with L&P ... and Tabasco, etc.

Interesting, I'd have put the Germans down for apple juice.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by dunk
Thank you, I am much relieved. I love tomato juice, with or without vodka, but definitely with L&P ... and Tabasco, etc.

Interesting, I'd have put the Germans down for apple juice.
Unfortunately we don't carry Tabasco. ( I think they do in First Class though, can't quite remember!).
Old Nov 5, 2012, 11:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by thadocta
But what goes on first, the jam or the clotted cream?

Dave
Do you put butter on after Jam?

There you see - it's simple.

Date or Lemon Scones. - I still think that best thing with this tea service is to bin it. It looks what it is - cheap and quite nasty.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:09 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Hmmm! Both my flights out of Chicago this year have been L&P free. I suspect someone at Gate Gourmet has been singling out my flights with the sole purpose of messing with my head. I'm not suggesting they did single me out, but if they did, and do you know what? They definitely did! And did they mess with my head? They most certainly did!!!

5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - and relax….
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Wrap as promised on the 363, chicken Caesar.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just had a look and it looks right to me.
Were you looking at the correct time range.
The first post says a wrap on a 1500 band 2 flight. Should be a snack.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Hmmm! Both my flights out of Chicago this year have been L&P free. I suspect someone at Gate Gourmet has been singling out my flights with the sole purpose of messing with my head. I'm not suggesting they did single me out, but if they did, and do you know what? They definitely did! And did they mess with my head? They most certainly did!!!

5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 - and relax….
Unfortunately if crew don't return the Lee and Perrins to it's original stowage on long-haul US flights in particular, they get off loaded and are then discarded due to US food laws.

I know that WW crew are very particular about stowing the Lee and Perrins where the next crew can find it because it is very annoying if you have none.

It sounds like you were unlucky with the inbound crew on your Chicago.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Gold, Priority Club Platinum, Best Western Diamond
The first post says a wrap on a 1500 band 2 flight. Should be a snack.
I think the afternoon tea is wrong for band 2 - it definately wasn't a wrap yesterday and today from TXL in Eurotraveller.

I do find the list really useful and thank you for taking the time/trouble in doing it.

Last edited by cme17; Nov 5, 2012 at 1:19 pm Reason: addition

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.