Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Arann

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:06 pm
inY
Original Poster

Aer Arann

Are Aer Arann flights e.g. EDI-DUB eligible for redeeming Avios? How can I find availability? United doesn't seem to know about this flight.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:08 pm

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb
Definitely eligible.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 1:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Yes, Aer Arann is an eligible subsidiary of BAEC partner Aer Lingus. You cannot book redemptions on either airline online, so you'll need to call.

As for checking award availability, Expertflyer.com is a pretty good starting place. It's a subscription service but I think you can sign up for a free trial.
Old Oct 4, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Rarely worth it though, as the cash fares can be got so cheap.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 12:56 am

I looked at this option earlier in the week for next years tip to te mouse as the dub > mco flights are only £45 in taxes. Due to be costs, I was cheaper to fly out the day before on edi>Lhr>dub and pay for the premier inn than use aer Arran or heaven forbid Ryanair and risk misconnects due to separate flights.
Wonder how long the EI loophole will last?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Just wanted to bump this thread as I'm trying to book tickets this fall to EDI and was looking to go BOS-DUB-EDI using Avios. I'm seeing T0, on EF, for the DUB-EDI Legs on all the dates I am searching does this mean it is no longer possible.?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by patriots68
Just wanted to bump this thread as I'm trying to book tickets this fall to EDI and was looking to go BOS-DUB-EDI using Avios. I'm seeing T0, on EF, for the DUB-EDI Legs on all the dates I am searching does this mean it is no longer possible.?
I never did managed to get flights on the edi dub route.

I was told by an agent that aer Arran never release any seats before five months out, but when he checked there were no avios seats on any flight at any time as far as he could see.

Don't know if they were already taken, but I doubt it.

If you qualify for flight saver, just take the dub lhr edi route. It's much cheaper anyway, but a bit of a faff I'll grant you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.