Wiki Posts
Search

Paris to Rome using Avios

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, BA

any brilliant ideas of how I can go one way from Paris to Rome non-stop with Avios? (Oct 31 or Nov 1) I see BA stops in London which I don't want to waste time. Or should I just buy a ticket from one of the low cost carriers? Thanks!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 4:57 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL

Go lo cost, much easier.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)

Well if you want direct I think it won't be BA, IB or any other OW airline.

cs
Old Sep 26, 2012, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
No nonstop options with Avios, Air Berlin via DUS/TXL might be the shortest option.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 5:38 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Well if you want direct I think it won't be BA, IB or any other OW airline.

cs

55% true - IB own 45% of Vueling, and there is in fact a VY flight from Orly to Fiumicino... you can use Avios from an Iberia Plus account to buy VY flights, and this would be a Reward Flight Saver for 7,500 Avios one way.

Now if the OP can let us know how he is holding his Avios, someone might be able to explain the trick of shuffling them, which I think you have to do from BAEC to avios.com then on to IB.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by frb98mf
55% true - IB own 45% of Vueling, and there is in fact a VY flight from Orly to Fiumicino... you can use Avios from an Iberia Plus account to buy VY flights, and this would be a Reward Flight Saver for 7,500 Avios one way.

Now if the OP can let us know how he is holding his Avios, someone might be able to explain the trick of shuffling them, which I think you have to do from BAEC to avios.com then on to IB.
Thanks everyone!! The avios points are in a blue BA Executive Member. Please let me know how I can book with Vueling flight. Thanks so much!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by leeflyer
Thanks everyone!! The avios points are in a blue BA Executive Member. Please let me know how I can book with Vueling flight. Thanks so much!
You can't do it from a BAEC account. You would need to have an Iberia+ account. You can freely transfer avios between BAEC and Iberia+ so you could open an Iberia Plus account,transfer your BAEC avios to that account and then use those avios to book the Vueling flight.

The one problem you might face, though, is that I believe that you must have opened your Iberia+ account for a certain amount of time (45 days?) before you can transfer avios to it. Somebody will probably come along to confirm or infirm this.

Have you check the cost of the Vueling flight? It might be low enough be more attractive than using avios. Also, if you buy revenue flights on Vueling, you might earn some avios with those flights that you could put into an Iberia Plus account (although probably not a lot of avios).
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by NickB
The one problem you might face, though, is that I believe that you must have opened your Iberia+ account for a certain amount of time (45 days?) before you can transfer avios to it. Somebody will probably come along to confirm or infirm this.
There is a time limit and I can't remember exactly but 30 or 45 days sounds about right.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 7:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DWFI
There is a time limit and I can't remember exactly but 30 or 45 days sounds about right.
I think I will just pay a low cost carrier ticket since it is not too expensive and less troublesome. Thanks so much!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by DWFI
90 days
Old Sep 26, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL
It depends on how much you are prepared to spend on flights and how many Avios you have. I didn't find a 'low cost' option on OW or many other airlines for that matter.

I used Avios at Xmas to go from Leeds to London to Rome - the 1 hour 30 min wait at LHR doesn't bother me at all (Mrs Billy will be happy as larry in the flounge) - as the flights would have set me back over 1500 euro's. Instead it cost me 45k Avios and around 100 euro's in fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.