Wiki Posts
Search

What's the opposite of "well done"?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
What's the opposite of "well done"?

Or,how do you lodge a formal complaint against an individual member of staff? In my time I have placed many "well dones" on the BA website but tonight I reallly want to complain about an individual. I have their name, their boss's name and wish to write to someone. What is the best way to go about it? Has anyone else done this? I accept it's not a nice thing to do but today was a disaster. More details may follow when I have calmed down!
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by tuff
Or,how do you lodge a formal complaint against an individual member of staff? In my time I have placed many "well dones" on the BA website but tonight I reallly want to complain about an individual. I have their name, their boss's name and wish to write to someone. What is the best way to go about it? Has anyone else done this? I accept it's not a nice thing to do but today was a disaster. More details may follow when I have calmed down!
You can just do that via cr or if you have the boss's email go to them direct. Sorry to hear that someone let you down, I hope that you got the problem sorted though.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:04 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

You can contact them via contact us on ba.com (web pro-forma) or alternatively write a letter with all your flight details/booking reference number etc etc to

British Airways plc,
Customer Relations (S506),
PO Box 5619,
Sudbury,
Suffolk,
CO10 2PG, United Kingdom.

Now as you know we are all intrugued to know what actually happened! Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AZAL Gold, TK Elite, KC Nomad Club Blue
It can be infuriating when an individual staff member provides such poor service that you need to take it up with management and identify them directly.

But I would suggest you allow yourself a little time to cool down, and then write a letter which sticks rigidly - and succinctly - to the facts. I think this will stand a better chance of getting the kind of response you are looking for.

Please let us know what happened, and what response you do receive.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Now I'm really curious so please come back and fill us in on the details
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
What's the opposite of "well done"
Blue?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Having got home and calmed down I can now elucidate and, hopefully, stick to the facts

Yesterday we were booked on a flight GLA-LGW and following a family lunch got to the airport 3 hours before the flight only to be we could not check-in our baggage (we were later told that as we are both GCHs the person should have checked us).

We waited in the bar and randomly checking the BA app noticed that our flight had been cancelled (the second of the day). Dashed to the desk to be checked on to the later LHR flight which was showing on time. 10 minutes later, in the lounge, we noticed that our new flight had a 90 minute delay.

We were assured, both in the lounge and on the plane that staff would meet us at LHR and advise how we were to get to LGW. No staff at the gate; no-one in luggage reclaim knew what was going on (they were very helpful and tried to find out). We were finally directed to Zone E in departures – flight connections! Then she arrived. Madame “I’m in charge but I’m not going to talk to mere passengers”.

She eventually admitted that they didn’t really know what was going on and that there might be a coach at about midnight but “the Olympics are on, you know”. Yes, we do know – you’re the Games’ official airline.

Her attitude was just awful and we eventually got her to authorise a taxi to take us straight home. She then walked off leaving other customers without any real information and a number of BA staff who had volunteered to leave the back office and “help” even though they admitted they had no information and no authority to agree anythng!

I have the name of the individual and her boss’s name so complaint will be made; not just about her but about the total lack of communication and organisation.

Got home in the small hours of this morning.

Last edited by tuff; Jul 30, 2012 at 5:44 am Reason: typing flights instead of facts!
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by badoc
Blue?
^
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Having got home and calmed down I can now elucidate and, hopefully, stick to the flights.

Not so good.

Someone else posted the same complaint yesterday trying to fly from GLA so it would seem you're not alone.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:35 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by badoc
Blue?
Beat me to it...
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:53 am

Would it not have been simpler to hop on the National Express bus and claim the cost back from CR later?
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DonnaDonnaDonna
Would it not have been simpler to hop on the National Express bus and claim the cost back from CR later?
I'd always try and push for the airline to sort out the issue then and there - you may never get the money back from CR if you just go ahead without the airline giving authorisation.

Also, some people just don't do busses
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA BLUE, HH, AC/UA
Originally Posted by Genius1

Then I invite those people to leave my bedroom! (oh, you mean the mode of transport.)
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by NonSmokingWindow
Then I invite those people to leave my bedroom! (oh, you mean the mode of transport.)
He said they don't do busses not trains
Old Jul 30, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Genius1
- They seem to live in denial about airlines being public transportation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.