Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

As of July 17 2012 - MFU allowed on TA bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others

A letter I got today:

As you know, up until now, you have been able to action - on behalf of your Executive Club Member clients
- one-cabin Upgrades using Avios prior to ticketing, via our Executive Club telephone service center.

We are delighted to announce that we're enhancing our functionality so effective July 17, 2012,
customers can Upgrade using Avios (both travel agent and direct bookings) online at ba.com. And you can still
action Upgrade using Avios requests also, provided your Executive Club client has authorized you through
the use of the third party nominee form.
In addition, the option to Upgrade using Avios via our Executive Club telephone service center at
1 800 452-1201 will be available in the interim and moving forward as well.

We are also now expanding the Upgrades using Avios program to include corporate dealt fares.

There will be some changes to the upgrade process and policy moving forward but we're confident this will
be a valued enhancement for your Executive Club clients and you.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
got the same notice - doesn't specify if only for USA or all countries
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:35 am

I wonder if that's good news or bad news for me... as >90% of my flights are booked through TA.

Will it open up opportunities for me to upgrade on most of my flights? Or will so many people now be eligible that upgrades on the <10% I book myself become a rarity?
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:39 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Or will so many people now be eligible that upgrades on the <10% I book myself become a rarity?
I suspect it will be bad for me, as my main routes are predominantly business routes, probably with many booked through corporate TA. I think it will be very route-dependent how much impact it has on availability.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Not good news to me. Means that the already limited redemption space will nowbe even harder to find.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Might be my escape from 62A on my upcoming trip to something a little more decent...
Old Jul 11, 2012, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
As of July 17 - MFU allowed on TA bookings

Not good news for most of us with a generous travel policy. Great news for those bound to WTP by their employer I guess.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by chewy3
There will be some changes to the upgrade process and policy
I wonder if this will mirror OB and permit TA MFUs only on J/C/D and W/E tickets. I (and I should think everyone on FT) have everything crossed that 'direct with BA' at least will still include R/I/T buckets.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:35 pm

This is the worst "enhancement" BA could offer

Already sparse reward availability (for those who fly regularly) will be reduced even further by those who work for corporates with stingy travel policies.

Poor show BA.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
I'm not sure how this will work out, unless BA have plans to increase redemption availability - which I can't see TBH.

But... Let's wait and see, sometimes things that seem awful can turn out alright on the night.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by rossmacd
This is the worst "enhancement" BA could offer

Already sparse reward availability (for those who fly regularly) will be reduced even further by those who work for corporates with stingy travel policies.

Poor show BA.
Wow, they just can't win. A lot of people on here begging for it. I think it's only fair that they get to play by the same rules as the rest of us, even though this will likely decrease my reward availability also.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by rossmacd
It might also adversely affect those who fly infrequently. Just saying.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Intercontinental Ambassador, Marriott & HHonors at some-rubbish-middle-tier
Really ??? omgomgomgomg.
I will finally be able to travel in WTP, the ultimate luxury i can ever imagine ? Basically a seat in which i can fit ?
(yes some of us have really ridiculously bad travel policies, sad sad sad)
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel à PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by CaptainHero
Really ??? omgomgomgomg.
I will finally be able to travel in WTP, the ultimate luxury i can ever imagine ? Basically a seat in which i can fit ?
(yes some of us have really ridiculously bad travel policies, sad sad sad)
That's a waste of Avios (WoA)
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BizFlyin
Wow, they just can't win. A lot of people on here begging for it. I think it's only fair that they get to play by the same rules as the rest of us, even though this will likely decrease my reward availability also.
I have to agree with that.
Although I am among those who stand to lose out of this move, it seems to me that it would be utterly churlish to complain about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.