Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I go for premier?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Should I go for premier?

first post on this forum...hope I'm abiding by the correct 'flyertalk etiquette'.

I'm currently BEAC gold with 3950 tier points and bookings in the coming weeks that will generate 280 points; membership year currently ends 8th August.

I had intended to make some personal trips in CE to european destinations which would provide an additional 80 points.

So with current plans in mind I could be at 4310 points within membership year.

Here's my quandry: within two weeks of 8th August I have a further 2 (definatey) possibly 3 long-haul CW flights generating an additional 280 points taking me to 4590.

Assuming I could wrangle a two week extension to my membership year, this is the closest I've come to reaching 5000 tier points and so I am trying to decide whether or not to go for a mileage run in the time between then and now to generate the remaining 410 points required.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should do it? Do you think its worth it to make the effort? Any suggestion on potential tier-point runs?

Would be interested to hear any views as I can't decide whether or not to go for it since I could be quite close.

thanks in advance for any replies

p.s. apologies if this is in the wrong forum....
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Hello!

Welcome to the forum!

I think you may be a little confused with the levels of the Executive Club.

Premier can not be earned through Tier Points, it is an invitation only thing that is done by the BA board, based on level of spending through the airline (i.e corporate contracts and £XXm of corporate spend etc...), and there are not that many people who are at that level.

I think, at 5k TP's you will be a Gold Guest List and will get a Concorde Room Card etc... But, Premier will not be forthcoming on your flying alone.

I am sure others will come along to add to this.

Warm Regards,

BBB
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold
5000 TP's won't get you Premiere - only an invitation from the BA board will get you that, and one suspects you have to be responsible for generating some serious revenue for BA to get that.

It will get you GGL and CCR though - but only you can decide if it's worth it. The Jokers for GGL may be worth it if you fly your family on hols etc
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by mcja87
first post on this forum...hope I'm abiding by the correct 'flyertalk etiquette'.

I'm currently BEAC gold with 3950 tier points and bookings in the coming weeks that will generate 280 points; membership year currently ends 8th August.

I had intended to make some personal trips in CE to european destinations which would provide an additional 80 points.

So with current plans in mind I could be at 4310 points within membership year.

Here's my quandry: within two weeks of 8th August I have a further 2 (definatey) possibly 3 long-haul CW flights generating an additional 280 points taking me to 4590.

Assuming I could wrangle a two week extension to my membership year, this is the closest I've come to reaching 5000 tier points and so I am trying to decide whether or not to go for a mileage run in the time between then and now to generate the remaining 410 points required.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether I should do it? Do you think its worth it to make the effort? Any suggestion on potential tier-point runs?

Would be interested to hear any views as I can't decide whether or not to go for it since I could be quite close.

thanks in advance for any replies

p.s. apologies if this is in the wrong forum....
Welcome to mcja87 ^

I would suggest a TP run in the US if you are looking to breach the 5k TP mark to get GGL (Gold Guest List) and the Concorde Room Access which would give you better support and benefits (especially if something should go wrong!), especially for the amount of travel you seem to do...so yes, I think it would be worth it but only if you can arrange some further flights during some flights you already have in my opinion.

Might be worth posting some thoughts in this thread and having a read to see if you can swing something:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...per-point.html

<pedantic hat on: you'll get GGL not Premier at 5k, Premier cannot be 'attained' the same way>

Welcome to FT and the BA forum. Stick around and join the community ^

Last edited by BotB; Jul 6, 2012 at 12:23 pm Reason: add link to TP run thread and a clean up!
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
5000 TP's won't get you Premiere - only an invitation from the BA board will get you that, and one suspects you have to be responsible for generating some serious revenue for BA to get that.
Becoming the Archbishop of Canterbury will get you to Premier - there's a vacancy!

And, welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Forum.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

thanks for all the quick replies everyone. Of course, I now realize my mistake with the GGL vs Premier.

I'll have to polish my CV and try for that Archbishop post....
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:04 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by mcja87
If your travel plans will bring you 3,000 TPs early in your next membership year, you might as well qualify under the 3,000 TPs + 3,000 TPs rule (i.e. 3k TPs for two consecutive years) for GGL qualification.

Rationale: Some CCR card holders prefer F lounge to CCR. This will indeed the case for me if I get myself a CCR card. Also there is no CCR at T3 if your flights are mostly at T3 (as is the case for me). Personally, I don't think CCR card is worth squeezing in a TP run for 410 TPs within what must be quite a heavy schedule, although some people may have a different opinion.

However, it would be a somewhat different matter if your travel plans are unlikely to early 3k TPs early in your next membership year due to the timing differences involved, or of you won't be doing 3k TPs worth of travelling at all in your next membership year (then you cannot qualify for GGL without doing a TP run this year).
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by mcja87:18881618
I'll have to polish my CV and try for that Archbishop post....
Well, perhaps that would be an ecumenical matter.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:39 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
If your travel plans will bring you 3,000 TPs early in your next membership year, you might as well qualify under the 3,000 TPs + 3,000 TPs rule (i.e. 3k TPs for two consecutive years) for GGL qualification.
I thought it was 3,500? Not that I'm likely to even renew gold next year -- when business on *A is cheaper than Economy on BA on my major upcoming routes (BRU/DME/TLV/ISB).

Personally, I don't think CCR card is worth squeezing in a TP run for 410 TPs within what must be quite a heavy schedule, although some people may have a different opinion.
With a CCR card, you can use it to simply use the CCR as a shortcut en-route to GF, well worth it surely?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue, United GM, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
Well, perhaps that would be an ecumenical matter.
Yes Ted.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by paulwuk
I thought it was 3,500? Not that I'm likely to even renew gold next year -- when business on *A is cheaper than Economy on BA on my major upcoming routes (BRU/DME/TLV/ISB).
It's indeed 3,000 TPs for two consecutive membership years or 5,000 TPs in one membership year.

Originally Posted by paulwuk
With a CCR card, you can use it to simply use the CCR as a shortcut en-route to GF, well worth it surely?
Ha ha ha I love it. Not for me though. I like wandering around the shops! I even bought some things today at WDF.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:02 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I like wandering around the shops! I even bought some things today at WDF.
You do realise that it is a sin on this forum to admit to such behaviour.

As a moderator I'd have expected better of you - get straight to GF and start drinking the champers!!!!!!

Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by andset1191
You do realise that it is a sin on this forum to admit to such behaviour.

As a moderator I'd have expected better of you - get straight to GF and start drinking the champers!!!!!!

I neither go straight to GF nor start drinking the champagne! I can't drink the champagne that BA currently provides (honestly!). If they start serving Krug or Cristal, I may start but for my "no alcohol when travelling" policy.

P.S. Some members on this forum appear to forget that I earn Avios through my WDF spending. (I think I'll get 5.5 Avios per £ for today's transaction at WDF though!)
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:10 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

I can't drink the champagne that BA currently provides (honestly!)
In which case...you have my greatest of sympathies.
I tried a glass of the sparkling wine (English stuff) at Gatwick the other week - very nice it was too. [The choice of vocabulary in this sentence may imply that my own alcohol exploits whilst travelling are limited to non existent!]

Some members on this forum appear to forget that I earn Avios through my WDF spending. (I think I'll get 5.5 Avios per £ for today's transaction at WDF though!)
I'll grant you that this makes it marginally less sinful then
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI
This is an improvement opportunity for BA:

At 4250TP People will be issued with a "Secret Door Card", while this card will not allow you to use the CCR you are allowed to use the short cut to GF through the secret door.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.