Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance - status match?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL
Star Alliance - status match?

Now that BMI are coming out of Star Alliance I need to sign up with one of the other Star Alliance carriers for the occasional flight that I have to do on SAS or Lufthansa. Does anyone know if these airlines do status matches with BA?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Lolbert
Now that BMI are coming out of Star Alliance I need to sign up with one of the other Star Alliance carriers for the occasional flight that I have to do on SAS or Lufthansa. Does anyone know if these airlines do status matches with BA?
As you have bmi Gold (presumably), why not check the thread in the bmi forum which shows you all the Star Alliance carriers that are currently matching bmi status?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Aegean, Turkish and Air Canada are matching BMI.

Aegean also seems to be matching BA, I think - you need to read the thread on the BMI board.

SAS was doing a match for OneWorld members with a mailing address in Hong Kong or China, not sure if still running.

Aegean status is effectively for life, amazingly, under their current rules so I would go with that one.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Raffles
Aegean status is effectively for life, amazingly, under their current rules so I would go with that one.
Really? Could you explain or point us in the direction of some more info?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...les-bonus-694/

Read a bit first, then ask your questions there.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
There seems to be a bit more information here.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Aegean info is here http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...e-gold-status/
Old Jun 19, 2012, 2:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am Aegean Gold (completely by accident, due to irrops) and it's not quite Gold For Life like KLM/AF or the former BMI - you do have to keep the account running by topping up the account every so often; and furthermore I expect them to change the terms and conditions before too long. If this is for baggage and lounges then this a good way to go, it almost doesn't matter if you don't get matched, since a single medium distance trip in J will get you the 19,000 miles needed for Aegian's top tier.

The real downside is that in terms of redemption their bar is much much tougher than LH Senator. I think you fly a fair bit, so given a longer term choice LH Senator is better overall, but if it's just the short term hit of lounges then Aegean. Other options are Asiana and Turkish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.