Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I handed out my Golden ticket/I received a Golden ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I handed out my Golden ticket/I received a Golden ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 11:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by bafan
Just as long as its not at the expense of the other passengers.

I would have thought staff would be better encouraged to enhance the experience of all passengers not just those few in possession of golden tickets.....
Any improvements are most welcome, although to be honest, my flights are rarely poor in the first place.

Having said that, some do stand out for bring brilliant, and I wish I had something that would have brought them solid recognition. I just wish the reward for the crew was a bit more than a pat on the back from their supervisor for the golden ticket though (not that I have any to give out).

I can whinge quite well as an ordinary passenger if they ignore me to tend to a GGL/Prem nearby in any case.

The little might they know that I am likely to be heading towards being a GGL anyway, and it's the question of when rather than if, and there may well be quite a few others like that on board. There is always that "risk" (I don't think that's quite the right word but I hope you get my gist) for people to think of and I suspect BA crew members are generally speaking sensible enough to think that way.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Paralytic
If I was you, I'd leave them visible on or around my person on every flight, but never hand them out. I bet you'll get the best service ever
^

I plan to do this if I receive any. Randomly waving the golden ticket at the door may result in being moved to Rows 1-5
Old May 3, 2012, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Why limit it to high status passengers
It's a TRIAL. Until the end of June. If you're doing a trial surely it makes perfect sense to start with a well-defined, easy-to-target group such as GGL or some CIV>x selection - not least of all because they are (in theory, in the main) likely to be flying the most often to be able to hand the vouchers out.

Since it's a trial, if it succeeds I'm assuming it'll be extended to (at least) all Golds.

Just as long as its not at the expense of the other passengers.
How? GGLs and PREMs should already be receiving prioritised treatment by the crew. At least in terms of where things can run out (e.g., meals) anyway. What other behaviour is going to change as a result? I might get a top-up first? Hardly a bad thing either. But I can't imagine any crew member who was already going to offer top-ups coming to me alone and not bothering with anyone else. If they were going to do it in the first place, they'd still do it for everyone. If they weren't going to do it in the first place and this makes them think of it...surely they'll then bother to do everyone since they're up and doing it anyway (i.e., everyone wins!).

The idea this is going to radically change behaviour to skew service to only GGLs to the detriment of other pax seems silly to me.

As does the idea of pax waving them around as a 'bribe'. What are crew going to do, especially if it's extended to all Golds - there are normally dozens on each flight. Give everyone a bottle of Champagne in exchange for a voucher so the Silvers get nothing and cry about it on FT? Hardly. And as noted above, I might have already given my vouchers out so how do the crew know I have them to give if they really want them anyway?

Just treat it for what it is meant to be - a trial to do something nice for once
Old May 3, 2012, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Frankly, I wouldn't hand or send them in.

I think the crew are professionals and aren't in need of such stuff. They aren't young people in need of motivation. They are proud of their jobs and the company they represent. If I were a member of BA staff, I would be insulted. My 2 cents.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
I think the crew are professionals and aren't in need of such stuff. They aren't young people in need of motivation.
Have you flown Mixed Fleet longhaul?
Old May 3, 2012, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Genius1
Have you flown Mixed Fleet longhaul?
Apparently I have been flying mixed fleet and never knew it. Same service. But then I am not the demanding person, all I want is my peace and quiet, and if I need something, I usually go and get it. Don't need to be waited upon.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
What happens when a crew member receives a golden ticket? Can it be exchanged for a £1000 salary raise?

Is it used for a room upgrade to penthouse suite?
Old May 3, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Lobengula
What happens when a crew member receives a golden ticket? Can it be exchanged for a £1000 salary raise?

Is it used for a room upgrade to penthouse suite?
No...
No...

Nothing.
Old May 3, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
It's a TRIAL. Until the end of June. If you're doing a trial surely it makes perfect sense to start with a well-defined, easy-to-target group such as GGL or some CIV>x selection - not least of all because they are (in theory, in the main) likely to be flying the most often to be able to hand the

Just treat it for what it is meant to be - a trial to do something nice for once
So why not just send an email saying 'please give positive feedback when it's due....'?

Why the need for some gimmick ?

As I said before, I always send in positive comments when I feel the crew have done a good job.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Do none of you feel even a little happy at work when your boss congratulates you for a job well done? Or a customer is delighted and grateful for something you've done with/for them? I think there is a lot to be said for getting something 'in the moment' - a ba.com/welldone by the time it comes back to the crew could be (I think) weeks later so may not feel so good?

Provided it's true to say, I make sure to catch my good F crews in the galley finishing the second service just before landing, normally as I emerge from the bog to change from my PJs, and say something like, "In case I don't get to see you all before we disembark, I just wanted to say thank you for a lovely flight." It nearly always amazes me how much this little bit of appreciation seems to make a difference to them there and then, rather than after the flight is forgotten by the time they might get a ba.com/welldone from me. It's a bit less personalised in J but I still try if they're good too (it's easier on the UD of a Jumbo).

I'll be honest, I was sceptical the vouchers would be a bit naff but they're actually OK and the idea (or what I believe to be the intent of it) is a good one I think. Whether this will work or not I don't know...the biggest problem seems to be that the crew don't really get anything for it. Maybe BA need to look at making it more meaningful to the crew - e.g., after collecting say 10 they get something like a confirmed J space ticket or something?
Old May 3, 2012, 2:15 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
It really is not supposed to be a method for you to get better service than anyone else.

It is just a way you can say well done to a crew member that you think is doing a great job. I would imagine you would give this to someone who serves ALL the passengers around you well, as well as yourself. Someone you feel deserves highlighting to BA as a role model of a great crew member.

We won't get anything from this other than a feeling of pride but for me personaly I would feel proud and happy if I received one just as I do when someone takes the time to write in with a well done.

I don't think you should plan a specific flight or time to hand it out. Surely you will just know when someone is outstanding and then just hand it to them at the end of the flight.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: BA GGLFL
Today on a LHR-EDI flight which was a dreadful Gate 4 departure and completely full, the purser did a fantastic job with just the right mixture of firmness and courtesy getting everyone's hand baggage safely stowed. I made a point of telling her this but couldn't find my gold ticket to give her....oh well......but she was very pleased to be complimented.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Paralytic
If I was you, I'd leave them visible on or around my person on every flight, but never hand them out. I bet you'll get the best service ever
Loving the strategy - you are so cruel! Maybe I should scan my colleagues willy wonka tickets, print some of my own, and do the same. Since I'll never get BA to send me my own!
Old May 3, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Hmm, I'm not convinced that this golden ticket drive is something good. Maybe if the golden ticket is actually worth something for the crew member (free trip, money or something else). But as it seems to be now, the golden ticket is the same as saying thank you. I don't need a golden ticket for saying thank you

I hope that BA didn't spend too much money on this silly campaign.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:55 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Lobengula
Hmm, I'm not convinced that this golden ticket drive is something good. Maybe if the golden ticket is actually worth something for the crew member (free trip, money or something else). But as it seems to be now, the golden ticket is the same as saying thank you. I don't need a golden ticket for saying thank you

I hope that BA didn't spend too much money on this silly campaign.
Well believe it or not, crew are already talking about it and I had a crew member mention in my briefing today that he would like to receive one and was asking me if I new how many passengers had been given them!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.