Wiki Posts
Search

Use BA miles to upgrade Aer Lingus?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Use BA miles to upgrade Aer Lingus?

Does anyone know if it's possible to use BA miles to upgrade an EI award flight originally booked with Avios points? If not, do you know if EI has any transfer partners? I have quite a bit of points spread around in various loyalty programs, so transferring wouldn't be too big a deal.

Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Ben21
Does anyone know if it's possible to use BA miles to upgrade an EI award flight originally booked with Avios points? If not, do you know if EI has any transfer partners? I have quite a bit of points spread around in various loyalty programs, so transferring wouldn't be too big a deal.

Thanks in advance!

EI is partnered with almost everyone !

where are you flying ?

and as far as im aware its not possible to upgrade an avios booking on EI via miles, you might be able to cancel and re-book in a higher cabin if seats are available ?

cs
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:32 am
Original Poster

I'm flying ORD-DUB for 40k Avios points RT in Y at the moment. Was going to try to book the tix in J, but according to EF there wasn't any availability. Maybe they open them up closer to departure?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I'm flying ORD-DUB for 40k Avios points RT in Y at the moment. Was going to try to book the tix in J, but according to EF there wasn't any availability. Maybe they open them up closer to departure?
Remember you need to cancel and rebook. It may take a little longer for your miles to return in your account from EI. So even if you see J availability you must either have enough miles already or take the risk the availability is gone by the time your miles get refunded.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:36 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

For a class of service change, there should be no need to cancel the existing redemption. Providing there is availability of the desired class the booking can be changed relatively easily. A servicing fee will apply.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by Prospero
For a class of service change, there should be no need to cancel the existing redemption.
When I wanted to upgrade from J to F on CX they told me they needed to cancel and rebook... May have been a fluke or an unknowledgeable agent.
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
For a class of service change, there should be no need to cancel the existing redemption. Providing there is availability of the desired class the booking can be changed relatively easily. A servicing fee will apply.
Thanks, I'll give them a call and see what I can do. Could anyone see if there's U availability on EI 124 on May 27 (ORD-DUB)? I let my EF subscription lapse...
Old Apr 1, 2012, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Thanks, I'll give them a call and see what I can do. Could anyone see if there's U availability on EI 124 on May 27 (ORD-DUB)? I let my EF subscription lapse...
KVS says no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.