Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA award ticket cancellation fee

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, UA LT-Gold, SPG Plat, HH Dia, Hyatt Dia, MR Gold
Just to clarify, if a Gold member book an award tix for someone else, the pax can cancel (w/o penalty and full refund) if cancellation is done T-24hrs to flight departure?

Can cancellation be done online, or it has to be done thru call center?
Old Oct 1, 2012, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Cana Alaska awards be cancelled online? I've tried and am getting error messages.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Since you have to book over the phone, chances are good you'll have to cancel over the phone too.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by ws8n
Just to clarify, if a Gold member book an award tix for someone else, the pax can cancel (w/o penalty and full refund) if cancellation is done T-24hrs to flight departure?

Can cancellation be done online, or it has to be done thru call center?
To clarify ,the gold card holder benefit of no cancellation or service fees on award bookings only applies to bookings on which the gold card holder is actually travelling. In the scenario you describe then cancellation fees would be applied. The booking should allow online cancellation but would need to be actioned by the gold card holder after log in so that ba.com recognises reward ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.