Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-Ticket [how long to issue?]

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 11:11 am
Original Poster

E-Ticket [how long to issue?]

Two of us were due to travel CW (with Amex Vocuher and Miles) to ORD tomorrow, but due to Strike action, we were offered the chance to re-book.

We have exercised that option, and whilst the flights show (with the same booing Ref) for later in the year, no e-ticket has been issued (yet). I e-mailed Exec Club and customer services first thing today, but I guess they're all busy at the moment

Having only ever booked with BA online (and thus receiving an almost instsnt e-ticket), anybody in the know able to tell me if it is usual for there to be a bit of a delay if you book (re-book) via telephone?

Thanks
Old May 17, 2010, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yes, it takes a day or two for the updated e-ticket receipt to arrive.
Old May 17, 2010, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Thank-you ^
Old Aug 30, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, United GM, Priority Club Platinum
I had made two WT+ one-way award bookings in the recent sale (not a great use of miles, I know, but I needed the extra flexibility of changeable tickets, so it seemed worth the premium). Accordingly, my plans changed and I had to alter the flight dates over the phone.

One of the e-tickets came up instantly in MMB, while the other one doesn't appear to have been re-issued (it says confirmed, but won't let me get into the seating chart, checkmytrip has no 125 number and says NOSYNC, etc, so I assume it is still in process).

Does anyone know how long this should take? It has been over two weeks since I made the change, and I assumed that (Irene aside) they would have got to it by now as the flight is in a few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.