Wiki Posts
Search

Edinburgh Airport info please

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA MM Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Edinburgh Airport info please

I'm thinking of doing a TP run LHR-EDI-LHR with only 45 min in EDI. Does this make sense? Does the same aircraft operating BA 1442 arriving EDI at 1300 usually operate BA 1445 departing EDI at 1345? At EDI, can I board the return flight without leaving the gate area?

Thanks FlyerTalkers.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

In a nutshell, yes! Exit the air bridge, spin on your heels and prepare for (re)boarding
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: BA GGLFL
You'll even have time for a dram of whisky.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Remember to go via the Lounge ( as a BA gold card holder) , it is close to gate 10 just where pax descend on the escalator to bag reclaim ( do not go through the doors prior to the escalator) for a quick drinkie as it will take about 15mins for the a/c to be cleaned prior to reboarding.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 21, 2011, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
And if you're wondering what the EDI lounge looks like; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...galleries.html
Old Sep 21, 2011, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AA MM Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Thanks for all the replies. Cheers!
Old Sep 22, 2011, 1:56 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pnr001ft
Does the same aircraft operating BA 1442 arriving EDI at 1300 usually operate BA 1445 departing EDI at 1345?
I found the FT Dashboard whilst looking at the Tracking New First thread really useful in checking which planes operate which flight (to/from LHR/LGW).
Old Sep 22, 2011, 2:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Also perhaps consider Newcastle and Glasgow for this. Newcastle is the least hassle (you can watch your plane from the lounge so you are in better control of the situation) and probably the nicest lounge overall, but I guess these things are subjective. But it wouldn't surprise me if Edinburgh was the cheapest, it often is for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.