Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Clinic Thread - Earning Miles and Tier Points on partners and codeshares

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clinic Thread - Earning Miles and Tier Points on partners and codeshares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:38 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
It's a bit of a standing joke round here.

You don't get TPs from Malev flights without:
1) Re-submitting your claim 27 times
2) Providing photographic and DNA evidence that you were really on the plane
3) Undertaking a lie detector test and supplying the results to BAEC
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Thanks for the feedback, I'll update shortly.

FWIW 5 of my 6 MA flights posted correctly, first time, in a week. The sixth took a call to fix. I am charmed.
Well my trip was this past weekend, so I'll give it some more time yet. The trip was visible in MMB on BA.com beforehand, so hopefully my experience will be more like Swanhunter than Smirnoff!
It is 160 TPs so I will be chasing!! (And I kept my boarding cards in case)
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by britbronco22
Well my trip was this past weekend, so I'll give it some more time yet. The trip was visible in MMB on BA.com beforehand, so hopefully my experience will be more like Swanhunter than Smirnoff!
It is 160 TPs so I will be chasing!! (And I kept my boarding cards in case)

These days around half my MA flights post after 7 days without incident. The other half refuse to post, and WILL require multiple submissions of your missing miles claim, until someone believes that you really took the flight. So it can go one way or the other. With persistence you WILL get the miles + TPs eventually, it will either take 7 days or several weeks/months of hassle.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
These days around half my MA flights post after 7 days without incident. The other half refuse to post, and WILL require multiple submissions of your missing miles claim, until someone believes that you really took the flight. So it can go one way or the other. With persistence you WILL get the miles + TPs eventually, it will either take 7 days or several weeks/months of hassle.
Well seems about right... The 2 flights on my outbound journey both posted after 7 days. However the return flights I took at the next day haven't posted yet (after 10 days).
I've just submitted a claim, hopefully it won't be months of hassle!
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Priority Club Platinum; Delta Privilege Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
TP's on American Eagle? and final spurt for Gold

I've had a search and think that American Eagle flights on a BA codeshare do quailify for TP's, but thought I'd Ask to be sure:
For eaxmple: Flying LHR - ORD on BA0295, then on to YOW on BA5323 (which is the American Eagle sector), both selling class 'Y'.
I doing a final spurt for Gold (I'd normally fly Air Canada to YOW!!) Year ends 8th Aug and need 395pt's...
Short of doing a TP run while in the states, I've got a Belgrade, Bangalore and the Ottawa flight booked (all in Y) so will need to do one CE to Jersey to get gold!! As long as the American Eagle flight gets me 20tp each way
Then I can take a rest, getting to Gold in Economy is hard work
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: MUCCI
If you look here, you will see American Eagle listed as an eligble subsidiary:
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...club/_gf/en_gb

It is also, incidentally, listed as a oneworld affiliate:
http://www.oneworld.com/ow/member-ai...ine-affiliates

Therefore, you are certainly able to earn TP (and miles) from it.

Earnings will be as per the AA table, or as per the BA table if BA flight number.
Use the BA.com calculator to confirm.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:27 am

American Eagle when flying as codeshare for American Airlines (they do one route for DL I believe) should get you TPs as it would on American. You can always use the calculator for a rough estimate.
Old Jun 27, 2011, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any flight sold with a BA flight number (irrespective of whether it is operated by BA, Aer Lingus, Meridiana, Air Berlin or whoever) will earn miles + TPs as if it were a BA flight. So yes, BA flight number operated by American Eagle will earn miles + TPs.

The "is it eligible...?" question only applies when you are buying a flight with a OW (other than BA) flight number, when you need to check that the operating carrier is a OW airline/affiliate such as AA operated by AE (for miles+TPs, according to the AA earn rate) or a partner airline such as AA operated by AS (for miles only according to the AS earn rate).
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
AA and [Operated by Air Berlin] - Miles and TP?

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knew how many Miles and TP are earned through AA / AA Operated by AB.

This is the first time I see the codeshare in Action [AA8068 JFK to DUS, operated by Air Berlin].

According to BA.com (qualifying this as an AA flight, being a Silver Member) earns 7498 Miles and 0 TP

I thought all AA Flights earned TP by now, don't they? Will the codeshare be a reason, or do TATL AA flights still not earn TP unless they go through London?

Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2011, 12:28 am

Programs: UA 1K
BA miles for Jet Blue (AA partner/route)

Hello Forum,

I will be flying from DC to Boston several times in the next couple of months and when I go to AA.com the only non-stops are code shares with Jet Blue.
I read in AA.com that for certain markets (like DC-Boston) you can get Advantage miles for flying B6.

Do you know? Or Anybody has any experience getting BA miles in these routes? Would the B6 flight, code shared with AA will be enough to get credit in my Executive Club?

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2011, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

JetBlue isn't a BA partner, so despite the AA codeshare you cannot earn miles/TP's on BAEC Similarly Air Berlin isn't yet a BA partner so the AA coded flight should earn nothing.

Of course you may get lucky but in principle you'll earn nothing.
NextStop32 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Flying CX on AA coded flight, will I get BA miles?

BA doesn't give full miles for flights on CX unless you book Y, B or H fares in economy.

If one was to book AA coded flights say LAX-HKG on CX metal in L class, do you still earn 100% BA miles, since L earns 100% on AA flights?

If this is true, then this is a nice loop hole ^

Has any one tried this?

Thanks
Old Jul 17, 2011, 2:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KL808
BA doesn't give full miles for flights on CX unless you book Y, B or H fares in economy.

If one was to book AA coded flights say LAX-HKG on CX metal in L class, do you still earn 100% BA miles, since L earns 100% on AA flights?
Correct. The "operated by CX" bit only means "yes, it is eligible - for miles AND TPs". You should earn according to the AA earnings rates, so L class should mean 100% miles.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Miles on IB codeshare flight

Hello

Just a quick question.

I flew on BA metal MAD-LHR with a D class ticket booked under the marketing IB flight number. I have been awarded miles as if this were an IB operated flight, no tier bonus etc. Is this correct? I thought that flights operated OR marketed by BA were qualifying flights

Many thanks
Old Jul 19, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: AB Platinum (AB4EVA), IHG Diamond, Dominos Gold
Really what's missing is
BA partner airline flight number, BA metal

So if I book an AA flight with AA flight number on BA Metal.... what will I get? I understand I will get BA TP, but I am not certain about the Booking classes (whether to receive full or reduced TP).
Then I also see a BA operated (and BA# Flight) in E on AA.com ...

AA.com shows Economy, but BA.com says it's WT+? Will the booking code used be the AA or BA code?
Old Jul 24, 2011, 8:22 am

Well this mileage run I'm doing hasn't exactly gone smoothly. The optiontown upgrade e-mail still hadn't arrived at T-4, so I called them. I was told I was already checked in, and I must check out first before they could upgrade me. While calling Malev to try to check out I got the confirmation e-mail about being upgraded.

I'm now at the airport in Sofia and my flight is delayed nearly 2 hours. It looks certain I will miss my connection in Budapest, there is another Malev coded flight to Prague later in the evening, but it is operated by Czech airlines.
Will I still get my 40 TP's if I'm on the later flight??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.