Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Miles awarded for travel - done by your tier at booking or at flying?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles awarded for travel - done by your tier at booking or at flying?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Question Miles awarded for travel - done by your tier at booking or at flying?

I'm about to book a London-Sydney return business flight for the New Year. £4126 is the cheapest I've found so far, stopping off at Singapore along the way.

At present I'm only at the blue tier of the Executive Club; however, between now and November I will have moved into silver. Will I get the mile bonuses according to the then current tier of silver or the booking level of blue?

(I did a search for this and apologise if I'm asking an often asked question!).
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze, M&M FTL, TK *G HHonors Gold
You will be awarded points and miles for the tier you have when you fly.

And welcome to Flyertalk
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by charliechalk
I'm about to book a London-Sydney return business flight for the New Year. £4126 is the cheapest I've found so far, stopping off at Singapore along the way.

At present I'm only at the blue tier of the Executive Club; however, between now and November I will have moved into silver. Will I get the mile bonuses according to the then current tier of silver or the booking level of blue?

(I did a search for this and apologise if I'm asking an often asked question!).
welcome to the forum charliechalk

as to your question, you will receive the miles based on the cabin flown and your EC status at the time of the flight not booking.

hope that helps

cs
Old Apr 11, 2011, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both for the amazingly quick responses and for allaying my fears!

And cheers for the welcome; I've been researching things on here for quite a while, just never felt the need to come say hi before.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by charliechalk
Thank you both for the amazingly quick responses and for allaying my fears!

And cheers for the welcome; I've been researching things on here for quite a while, just never felt the need to come say hi before.
Now that your here I hope you stay and keep joining in.

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.