Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA refuses to give me a clear receipt

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
Originally Posted by gms
The minor issue being that in the UK flights are not subject to VAT, so BA won't issue a VAT receipt.
Good point- but they are subject to an array of other taxes or am I mistaken?

I am going to write a letter- there is an off-chance my client will pay for it but if not, I'll be out the money for their snail-paced Customer Relations department to respond (likely several months).
Quite frankly it seems ridiculous in this day and age that BA can't give a simple printout of a transaction....
Old Apr 11, 2011, 5:07 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
I think that this is due to 'legacy' issues. That is, the GDS' are constrained by the old school technology they embody and adding greater flexibility to the receipt process would be uneconomic.
Back when Northwest Airlines was still around nwa.com was able to produce such invoices. Your latest booking would include a link to all the old eticket numbers and clicking them gave individual invoices. Your latest one gave a calculation of the amounts.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by GVA
Back when Northwest Airlines was still around nwa.com was able to produce such invoices. Your latest booking would include a link to all the old eticket numbers and clicking them gave individual invoices. Your latest one gave a calculation of the amounts.
That was indeed a great website for most tasks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.