Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

No USA Transportation Taxes or Facility Charge on (Online) Miles Bookings ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No USA Transportation Taxes or Facility Charge on (Online) Miles Bookings ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA : Virgin
Question No USA Transportation Taxes or Facility Charge on (Online) Miles Bookings ?

Why is there NO

(BA F return to USA)

Transportation Tax (Departure) - USA at £10.20
Transportation Tax (Arrival) - USA at £10.20
Passenger Facility Charge - £2.80

charged on miles bookings booked online ; but charges are applied if booked over the phone

(this has nothing to do with offline booking fee)

As I wish to make an offline mixed cabin miles booking BA want to charge me these fees - if I could book it online they would not be charged

what gives ???

## Answered ##

## 3rd go and finally Just got the answer from BA - the higher price is quoted initially over the phone when they run the initial availability search (as they did with me) - ONLY when you give them passenger names etc to book it then shows/updates for BA as a non-revenue ticket and the lower charges are applied ##

Last edited by Quebec5; Apr 7, 2011 at 10:59 am Reason: Answered

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.