Search

Highest Stand-up Comedy Gig in the Sky

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:10 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Highest Stand-up Comedy Gig in the Sky

Hi all

I always seem to be posting threads asking for things like feedback, or your name when you send me a pm so I can deal with your queries but this time I want to ask for something really worthwhile.

To celebrate our partnership with Comic Relief, we are attempting to set the Guinness World Record for the Highest Comedy Stand-up gig in the Sky in support of Red Nose Day. We have 75 tickets to this exclusive one-off event which will be hosted by Jon Richardson, Dara O'Briain and Jack Whitehall on Saturday 12 March. As well as the 2 and half hour flight there will also be a champagne reception at T5.

All you have to do is donate £3 to Comic Relief before 06 March 2011 by visiting our facebook page at www.facebook.com/britishairways. You can also text "Fly 3" to 70300 text cost 50p plus your standard network rate a £3 donation will be deducted from your bill unless you opt out, conditions apply. You can also support us by sharing the link on the facebook page and encouraging others to do the same.

Thank you so much for reading and for your help in supporting us to support Comic Relief. If any of you are lucky enough to win a ticket to this fantastic and fun event please do let us know how it goes!

Best regards

Nicci
Old Feb 24, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: BA Blue
Already did my £3 last week when I got the email. Fingers crossed now. Will you earn TPs on the flight
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
A great cause well worth supporting. Made my donation today - actually made one the other day but was not a multiple of £3 - will I ever learn to read things properly!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:39 am

Programs: EK G, BD G, CO G, FB G, LH SEN, IHG Plat Amb, Shangri-La Jade
donated within minutes of seeing the email. Not only a great cause, but a great idea too.
My only request is that I'm seated in F/J if I win.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I thought I wouldn't be able to participate as I'm a bloody foreigner and I don't use Facebook, but it seems to have worked anyways.

I'll happily book a flight to LHR to join in the fun.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC
Entered, money going to good causes. Should be a good laugh too if I'm lucky enough to win
Old Feb 24, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Priority Club Plat Amb
I donated last week^

As its FT
Amex treat the donation website as BA spend so = 3miles per £
Old Feb 25, 2011, 4:38 am

Amazing! As if you needed another reason to donate, there it is!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 5:51 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi all

For any lucky winners who are Executive Club members I will be happy to offer the equivalent Tier Points and BA Miles for a flight to Madrid in economy - this is approximately the same flying time so get donating!

Best regards

Nicci
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:20 am

...and it just keeps getting better!

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi all

For any lucky winners who are Executive Club members I will be happy to offer the equivalent Tier Points and BA Miles for a flight to Madrid in economy - this is approximately the same flying time so get donating!

Best regards

Nicci
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GGL, Royal Ambassador
I can't believe that we're tight enough here to ask for TP's and Miles

... and I can't believe that BAEC are nice enough to decide to offer them - thanks Nicci. For all the big branding and marketing work, it's the little things and the people that do them that makes the difference.

Ed
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: VS Silver; BA Blue; HH Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi all

Best regards

Nicci

Two and a half hours in ET (i think that is how long it said...) and all I get it 765 miles and 10 TP!?!? You must be joking even with a ticket price as low as £3 (best MR ever?)....

Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by stimpy
I thought I wouldn't be able to participate as I'm a bloody foreigner and I don't use Facebook, but it seems to have worked anyways.
How? All I get is:

Sorry, We do not accept non uk addresses

This competition is for UK residents only.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Click on the big red box "Enter and donate online" which brings up another window for Facebook card payment. Underneath country where it says United Kingdom is a box labeled "I don't live in the UK". Click that.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ooops. I see they have now corrected it to be UK only? It worked for me earlier when I was able to enter France. But not anymore.

Nicci, does that mean my donation was wasted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.