Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT - Dixons Tax Free Price for iPad

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2010, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Genius1
Greetings from my new iPad! I have the wifi only model and it is gorgeous. Web browsing is a dream.
How is typing on it?
Old May 28, 2010, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
How is typing on it?
vErty eeasy.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by 710 77345
vErty eeasy.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Greetings from my new iPad! I have the wifi only model and it is gorgeous. Web browsing is a dream.
Congrats! It is a very addictive and beautiful gadget, isn't it? I find typing on it quite easy too by the way.
Old May 28, 2010, 1:00 pm

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
I love my iPhone apart from no Flash, I would hate the iPad for that reason.

Too many sites I use need it.
Old May 28, 2010, 1:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

At least you're still using capital letters at the start of your sentences. Are the people who don't use them in their posts lazy plonkers or does these i - thingy's not have a capital letter function?
Old May 28, 2010, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
It has capital letters. They even appear at the beginning of a sentence automatically. So people who do not use them are actually making more of an effort...
Old May 28, 2010, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
At least you're still using capital letters at the start of your sentences. Are the people who don't use them in their posts lazy plonkers or does these i - thingy's not have a capital letter function?
My standards never slip.

Typing is surprisingly easy thanks to the fairly large, almost real size touch keys.

I have no need for the 3G model, as I have BT Openzone most places.
Old May 28, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA GLD .25MM, CO, UA, US, DL, HH, SPG (all cardboard)
I've heard a lot of people praising AirVideo as a way to play video content from their home computer to their iPad or iPhone.

http://www.inmethod.com/air-video/index.htm
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The discount at Dixons Travel airside travel shops really isn't all that great, ranging from 3%-5% depending on iPad spec. Compared with the 1,716 to 2,796 BA Miles purchase credit (again depending on spec), the Apple/BA Miles eStore portal looks more appealing to me.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
It is a really lousy price because you will have to pay VAT and excise duty when you bring it back into the country: assuming that you live in Cambs UK rather than Cambs MA
Old Jun 3, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
It is a really lousy price because you will have to pay VAT and excise duty when you bring it back into the country: assuming that you live in Cambs UK rather than Cambs MA
Not if you buy it at that price when travelling on a domestic flight!
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:28 pm

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Silver, Executive Club Blue, Miles & More, Priority Club Gold, Skywards Blue
Originally Posted by mickt
Hi, I just called Dixons tax free at T5 to find the price for an Ipad, travelling in a couple of weeks and thought would see how price compares to US with the current FX not so great. I was quoted a price of £678 as compare to high street of £699, surly there must be more tax than £21. Is this Dixons hiking the profit at the tax free or is there that little tax on computer equipment.

I know it is still cheaper than high street, but still cheaper to buy in US so I will do that.

Mick
Cheapest version is £429 in Apple Stores in the UK ...
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
OK you're all going to think I'm even more stupid than most of you already think, but I'm afraid I don't really know what the iPad does.

Is it a computer or is it something to watch movies on and read books. Why, when Apple already have the Macs, would they bring out another computer. I'm sorry but I really don't know what it does.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
OK you're all going to think I'm even more stupid than most of you already think, but I'm afraid I don't really know what the iPad does.

Is it a computer or is it something to watch movies on and read books. Why, when Apple already have the Macs, would they bring out another computer. I'm sorry but I really don't know what it does.
http://www.apple.com/ipad/ is your friend here.

It is like a netbook, but better than a netbook in terms of quality, speed, ease of use etc. It doesn't really do anything that my MacBook doesn't (indeed, the iPad doesn't have flash, like the iPhone doesn't), but it is very light, very portable, and the touch screen HD quality is really fantastic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.