Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Front row A/C ET seats released at T-24?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2010, 5:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Front row A/C ET seats released at T-24?

When travelling ET I usually get one of the Gold/Emerald only A/C seats at the front of ET.

This time I am travelling with a non-status colleague who is on a separate booking. Can they select the other front row A/C seat at T-24 if still free?

If not, I assume I will have to select another row.
Old May 14, 2010, 7:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
They are not Gold/Emerald only. They can be selected by anyone with advance seat assignment rights as soon as they decide where the curtain is, at roughly T-3d. We all know about the dangers of the moving curtain, however.

Yes, if the seats are still free at T-24, anyone can choose them. I was in the same position as you once, holding onto the A seat while watching the empty C seat like a hawk. Unfortunately it got taken at around T-26.

But I am a Silver and you, it appears, are a Gold. You can usual your special Gold magic to get a seat assignment for a travelling companion on a separate booking.

Ahh. Looks like you are a OW Emerald, not a BA Gold. Not sure if the special powers apply to you. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited by LeisureFirst; May 14, 2010 at 7:05 am Reason: added paragraph starting "Ahh."
Old May 14, 2010, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst
But I am a Silver and you, it appears, are a Gold. You can usual your special Gold magic to get a seat assignment for a travelling companion on a separate booking.
Good tip!

I wonder whether that works for OW Emerald as well as Gold?
Old May 14, 2010, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
I have a feeling it can be quite tricky to find an agent that knows the magic words. There's a post somewhere (maybe in the Sticky) telling you how to explain to the BAEC staff member how to do their job.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.