Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Master Thread - Discussion of strike commercial policy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Discussion and commentary on BA's commercial policy towards cancellations, re-routes, refunds etc.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: BD, BA, VS
Strike dates not yet announced

Well, I just asked youfirst if I could bring our F redemption booking to SYD a couple of days forward to avoid the potential strike days, as there is availability on BA9 in A and F classes. There is no redemption availability.

Youfirst's answer is that as strike days have not yet been announced normal fare rules still apply and as there's no redemption availability on the earlier dates then changing the booking is not currently possible.

(Which is pretty much the answer I was expecting to receive, but I thought it was worth asking).
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA
Am I correct in thinking that MFUs will be transferable into revenue buckets -ie I'll be able to transfer to any flights with seats, not just ones with award seats available.

Would I earn full miles and TP ?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:16 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
Does anyone know what the score is with TPs and miles for BA bookings affected by the strike dates if / when they are announced?

The link on the ba.com front page omits to mention anything about this.

I have four F sectors booked in March that represent a serious pile of TPs and miles and I would hate to lose out on them because I am forced to cancel and change carrier.

I wouldn't feel so bad if I had to rebook as a gold on (my status matched) *A account, but that would mean that I have to learn about how that programme works and I just don't have the time or patience for intimate knowledge of more than one FFP
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:17 pm

yes they can be rebooked into any fare in that cabin usually - so if your lucky they sometimes post as full miles + tps
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by HighLife
Does anyone know what the score is with TPs and miles for BA bookings affected by the strike dates if / when they are announced?

The link on the ba.com front page omits to mention anything about this.

I have four F sectors booked in March that represent a serious pile of TPs and miles and I would hate to lose out on them because I am forced to cancel and change carrier.

I wouldn't feel so bad if I had to rebook as a gold on (my status matched) *A account, but that would mean that I have to learn about how that programme works and I just don't have the time or patience for intimate knowledge of more than one FFP
I could have sworn that when I checked one or two days ago, the BA website said that you will still get tier points for cancelled flights. But this is not in the latest strike update posting on ba.com.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:26 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
So if I'm affected I might be able to swap my flight to LCY-JFK?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, BA AMEX
Originally Posted by malkie
Am I correct in thinking that MFUs will be transferable into revenue buckets -ie I'll be able to transfer to any flights with seats, not just ones with award seats available.

Would I earn full miles and TP ?
Based on my experience, no.

I was booked in WT+ MFU to Club for travel on Dec 23rd. I called up and had them move it Dec 21st, at which point the ticket changed to J.

But when it posted to my EC account it showed as Ineligible flight, 0 miles/0 points. I'm still working on getting the WT+ points/miles posted. On my 4th attempt at the moment.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club,Skywards,Hilton Honours,Mariott Rewards,SPG
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
I could have sworn that when I checked one or two days ago, the BA website said that you will still get tier points for cancelled flights. But this is not in the latest strike update posting on ba.com.
It was there a couple of days ago, I saw it when looking for something else.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM
Any idea on what the rebooking policy might be vis-a-vis putting passengers on other carriers?

Will they be doing any rebooking on other carriers? If so, will it just be OW partners, or will they rebook onto other airlines?

I have one redemption ticket, and one paid CW ticket for March.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by stevie-d
It was there a couple of days ago, I saw it when looking for something else.
It was there yesterday in the FAQ section. (http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=strikelhn_faq)

It isn't there today. I hope they haven't quietly decided to not give miles/TPs for cancelled flights.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: BD, BA, VS
Originally Posted by AGSF
It was there yesterday in the FAQ section. (http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=strikelhn_faq)

It isn't there today. I hope they haven't quietly decided to not give miles/TPs for cancelled flights.
It was there earlier today - I read it and remember noticing it!
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I took a screen print a few days ago, which shows this commitment....
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
I took a screen print a few days ago, which shows this commitment....
You think they'll honour it? It sounds like this was deliberately removed. Unfortunately probably a deal breaker for me (was planning to do a OW RTW but will probably switch to SQ-only or *A instead).
Old Feb 22, 2010, 1:24 pm

Programs: Meh
What happens if I get stuck in Asia - I have two trips out to the FarEast in March, but surely BA would not leave me stranded out there....would they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.