Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Please help on booking from MIA to MAD in June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:07 am
Original Poster

I have spent a lot of time reading and searching the forum. The info here is great but I'd like some suggestions on this flight plan. I know it's short notice to try and book an award flight to Europe in June but my schedule just opened up and this is the only time I can go on vacation this year. So here's the dilemma - I'd like to fly MIA - MAD on June 17th and MAD to MIA on June 27th. I've checked expertflyer and there are award seats available for both flights for 60k miles on AA. I've got around 87,000 miles on AA (so that would cover a one way ticket) and just a little over 100,000 on BA. How do I book a flight on AA using my BA miles? Will 100,000 miles be enough for two tickets? I tried to do this on BAEC but got no availability. Should I call BAEC?

I'm open to suggestions. Unfortunately, I can't be flexible with the dates but would really like to use my miles on this trip. I'd appreciate any input from the smart folks on this forum.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:21 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by at7815
I have spent a lot of time reading and searching the forum. The info here is great but I'd like some suggestions on this flight plan. I know it's short notice to try and book an award flight to Europe in June but my schedule just opened up and this is the only time I can go on vacation this year. So here's the dilemma - I'd like to fly MIA - MAD on June 17th and MAD to MIA on June 27th. I've checked expertflyer and there are award seats available for both flights for 60k miles on AA. I've got around 87,000 miles on AA (so that would cover a one way ticket) and just a little over 100,000 on BA. How do I book a flight on AA using my BA miles? Will 100,000 miles be enough for two tickets? I tried to do this on BAEC but got no availability. Should I call BAEC?
You can't use BA miles for AA flights on transatlantic routes unfortunately.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Thanks Rick!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:41 am
Original Poster

How about if I use my BA miles to travel IB/AY to MAD since that would be Europe Zone 2? I've tried to look at the chart where the miles are listed but cannot find it on BAEC. Do you guys know how many miles are needed to fly coach? Thanks!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by at7815
How about if I use my BA miles to travel IB/AY to MAD since that would be Europe Zone 2? I've tried to look at the chart where the miles are listed but cannot find it on BAEC. Do you guys know how many miles are needed to fly coach? Thanks!
BA is 50k for Economy; 100k for Business & 150k for First. (Round trip). You can also spend miles and cash.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:46 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OPebble
BA is 50k for Economy; 100k for Business & 150k for First. (Round trip). You can also spend miles and cash.
I think it would be multiples of 60k, since MAD is Zone 2.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.