Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Nectar Points

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2013, 9:59 am

Programs: MUCCI
Most nectar rewards price out at 0.5p per point. However, if you SPEND them on easyJet (if you are willing/need to fly easyJet) then you can get a 10% bonus on that.

http://www.ukpoints.com/2013/05/14/n...e-for-easyjet/
Old May 30, 2013, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Sainsbury's did recently have a double points promotion in store for spending your nectar points (just after I blew £50 worth in store!), but they rarely seem to have promotions for spending points with their partners.
Old May 30, 2013, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by ab007
Sainsbury's did recently have a double points promotion in store for spending your nectar points (just after I blew £50 worth in store!), but they rarely seem to have promotions for spending points with their partners.
There are occasional offers on some partners (theme parks and restaurant vouchers are the usual suspects) but there's rarely anything good. Offers which improve the burn rate in Sainsbury's are pretty rare (I think there was one in the three years I worked there) and generally cause the store to descend into total chaos. There are occasional earning rate jumps (there were a few triple points promos and a period of bonus points on a wide range of items (which led to insanely long receipts).

In short nectar is worth using if you're a Sainsbury's shopper (I alway found Tesco own-brand food to be lower quality and our local branch is pretty grim so I never became an Avios hoarder even after I left Sainsbury's) or use British Gas (the energy partner changed about every two years) but it's not worth planning anything around.
Old May 30, 2013, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by David-A
Most nectar rewards price out at 0.5p per point. However, if you SPEND them on easyJet (if you are willing/need to fly easyJet) then you can get a 10% bonus on that.

http://www.ukpoints.com/2013/05/14/n...e-for-easyjet/
you do get the bonus. but tickets booked on the Easyjet/nectar site incur a £10 fee (per transaction) which you can pay with points but will reduce the value.
Old May 30, 2013, 11:00 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Originally Posted by CityFlyer99
Has anyone found any good way to burn Nectar points recently (have searched and this is the most recent thread I've found)?

I have just logged in and discovered, despite reasonable regular use at Sainsbury's, far fewer points than I thought I had, though no record of expiry. Anyone else encountered expiry with Nectar despite use, perhaps due to a replacement card issue?
I had 8000 but they've vanished.
Apparently your account is closed if you don't deposit for 12 months
Old Jul 2, 2013, 5:41 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by Tim1975
you do get the bonus. but tickets booked on the Easyjet/nectar site incur a £10 fee (per transaction) which you can pay with points but will reduce the value.
Sorry for the delay replying, my understanding is that it should be not difference compared with cash payment.

easyJet now hide a £10 cash payment fee inside the fares, so price adjusts depending upon whether it is one-way vs return, you are looking at, etc.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
There's a double-up promotion for Nectar points later this month. Exchange Nectar points at the CS desk of a participating Sainsbury's supermarket for a Double Value coupon for various Nectar partners. Doesn't seem to include easyJet.
Participating Nectar partners in the Double Value Exchange are: Nectar Swim, Café Rouge, Strada, Bella Italia, Vue Cinemas, Alton Towers Theme Park, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures, LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, Warwick Castle, Madame Tussauds London, The London Dungeons, The Edinburgh Dungeons, The York Dungeons and SEALIFE centre or sanctuaries (excl. London Aquarium or Manchester).
Holding info at http://www.nectar.com/double-value.p...urce=mse_email

Find your Sainsbury's: http://www.nectar.com/contents/image...permarkets.pdf

The CS desk at our local Sainsbury's is hopeless at the best of times. I wonder if any further staff training will be necessary. (No, I don't. I'm sure it will be necessary. )
Old Jul 3, 2013, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by exilencfc
Does anyone know if there's a limit to how many points you can put into a single voucher? Can we get 1 voucher for our 116k points or just a bunch of 10k ones. If the latter, anyway to use multiple vouchers on one booking? If the former can you use the voucher across multiple bookings?
I do not think there is a limit, but I also doubt that you can use a single voucher across multiple bookings. I believe that it is a one-voucher-per-itinerary rule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.