Search

GRU T3 T2 transfer

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, 1MM
GRU T3 T2 transfer

Hi All,

I have LHR-FRA-GRU-SCL coming up on Wednesday this week.
LH as far as GRU, but then I have to change to H2, Sky Air. Looks like this involves a transfer from the new T3 to the old T2. Anyone got any experience on this? I have 2 hours scheduled for the connection, which I guess ought to be plenty, but are they getting bags across in time and so on? Is it a walk/bus/train ride?

Also, I'm *A Gold so happy for lounge access with LH, but will I have any joy with H2?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:49 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Welcome to Flyertalk!

The information desk in T3 told me that one can walk airside between T3 and T2, although I have not personally done that. I believe if you follow the signs for international connections you will be OK. You will go through security again, which makes little sense as you have come off a plane and not accessed your checked bags. No clue about H2.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 4:46 am

I asked the same question on this site, for another reason, and was told I could. I know for sure one can walk airside between T1 and T2. I have done it.

When you get off your plane,there will be airline reps asking if anyone has an international connection. May be just before other passengers descend to Immigration. Reps will tell you where to go. All flights purchased together, right? If in doubt, contact your airlines (I assume there's a change of airlines, hence the terminal change).

I'm in Brazil and have never heard of Sky Air. They have a club in T2?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1P, 1MM
Hi All,

Just to give follow-up on this.

So, the LH506 arrived at T3, T2 connections is clearly signed, go through a security check almost immediately and then about a 10 minute walk to T2.

With *G membership, on my ticket, issued through LH but not a codeshare, I get access to the GOL lounge in T2 (where I am now!)

The check-in staff at LHR told me I'd have access to the new *A lounge in T3 too if I wished but given the length of the walk I wanted to be sure of knowing how long to get to my gate etc. Next time!

Sky Air are Chilean operation, I believe they have recently got rights to Chile-Brasil routes since TAM left *A. When I have flown this itinerary in the past, the SCL-GRU leg has been TAM on a LH codeshare.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Thanks for the follow-up!
Old Aug 31, 2014, 11:48 pm

Probably too late but there is an inter-terminal bus that leaves from the road at the front of terminal 3 and goes to terminals 1, 2 and 4.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.