Transportation in Sao Paulo

Subscribe
I'm going to be going to SP in a few weeks..haven't been in a while so had a few questions.
1) Is it better to book airport transportation online in advance or do it on arrival?
2) Which companies are recommended?
3) For taxis within the city is there only one? I'm going from the Hyatt to close to the Unique hotel every day.

Thanks!
If you can book in advance, it's always better and safer...
Exiting the airport at GRU there is a desk outside where you pre-pay for a taxi. You can use credit cards and receive a receipt and the taxis are adjacent to the desk. Very easy to do and no need to reserve in advance.

The Hyatt has both hotel taxis and regular taxis available at all times in front of their door. Regular taxis are fine and the Hyatt bellman will confirm your destination and cost for you if you need this with the driver.
Quote: I'm going to be going to SP in a few weeks..haven't been in a while so had a few questions.
1) Is it better to book airport transportation online in advance or do it on arrival?
2) Which companies are recommended?
3) For taxis within the city is there only one? I'm going from the Hyatt to close to the Unique hotel every day.

Thanks!
It's all quite civilized. The licensed airport taxi company (Guaracoop, I think) maintains a desk at the exit from the terminal where you pre-pay the journey to your destination. You can pay by credit card. The driver will help you load your bags then drive you to your hotel. Simple.

As in most hotels around the world, yours will have a concierge doorman team who will find you taxis. They'll have done it before. If you have any concern over costs you might make it clear to them you don't want a hotel car.