Transportation in Sao Paulo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador

I'm going to be going to SP in a few weeks..haven't been in a while so had a few questions.
1) Is it better to book airport transportation online in advance or do it on arrival?
2) Which companies are recommended?
3) For taxis within the city is there only one? I'm going from the Hyatt to close to the Unique hotel every day.

Thanks!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 2:39 pm

If you can book in advance, it's always better and safer...
Old Oct 21, 2011, 3:40 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Exiting the airport at GRU there is a desk outside where you pre-pay for a taxi. You can use credit cards and receive a receipt and the taxis are adjacent to the desk. Very easy to do and no need to reserve in advance.

The Hyatt has both hotel taxis and regular taxis available at all times in front of their door. Regular taxis are fine and the Hyatt bellman will confirm your destination and cost for you if you need this with the driver.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bostontraveler
I'm going to be going to SP in a few weeks..haven't been in a while so had a few questions.
1) Is it better to book airport transportation online in advance or do it on arrival?
2) Which companies are recommended?
3) For taxis within the city is there only one? I'm going from the Hyatt to close to the Unique hotel every day.

Thanks!
It's all quite civilized. The licensed airport taxi company (Guaracoop, I think) maintains a desk at the exit from the terminal where you pre-pay the journey to your destination. You can pay by credit card. The driver will help you load your bags then drive you to your hotel. Simple.

As in most hotels around the world, yours will have a concierge doorman team who will find you taxis. They'll have done it before. If you have any concern over costs you might make it clear to them you don't want a hotel car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.