Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Redemption Help: Short notice redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help: Short notice redemptions

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Short notice redemptions

I've just got bad news about my mother in Napier, NZ and want to travel ASAP using miles. Already have a ticketed redemption LHR/SFO/AKL for travel 13 June. Called the ICC only to be told they need 3 days notice. Any ideas how I might be able to invoke some sort of waiver on compassionate grounds?
Old May 17, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
Originally Posted by deconz
I've just got bad news about my mother in Napier, NZ and want to travel ASAP using miles. Already have a ticketed redemption LHR/SFO/AKL for travel 13 June. Called the ICC only to be told they need 3 days notice. Any ideas how I might be able to invoke some sort of waiver on compassionate grounds?
I don't know about doing it through redeeming miles, but you could by a compasionate fare for cash? Not sure what these are call or how their cost compares though.
Old May 17, 2009, 9:18 am

While not a guarantee, they ticket SQ bookings in around 7 - 8 hours on average so it is possible if you can make sure they make it a priority (and call them after 4 and 6 hours).
Old May 17, 2009, 9:33 am

You might be able to call pre-travel support in the UK, explain them the situation and talk to them, they might be able to help you (but of course just goodwill).
Old May 17, 2009, 9:37 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Miles&More Senator, bmi Diamond Club Silver, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG
Originally Posted by Hanseat
You might be able to call pre-travel support in the UK, explain them the situation and talk to them, they might be able to help you (but of course just goodwill).
Yes, agree with this. They will help. Call Pre-travel Support Desk. They'll take care of everything right away.

Last edited by TravellinHusker; May 17, 2009 at 10:41 am
Old May 17, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
You can only hope for a sympathetic ear when calling the ICC. They will likely try and tell you that it simply cannot be done at short notice. But the fact is it can, if they bother to get permission. I have had to do it once before, and they were able to make a new booking and issue the ticket the same day as departure.

You will probably have more luck with the pre-travel support desk
Old May 17, 2009, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, NZ Jade, QF Bronze, A Club Platinum, Hhonors Silver
Many thanks for all your helpful suggestions. I've discovered a very cheap W class fare on SQ that's going to be about £ 600 all up for the return trip and plenty of seats for tomorrow night ... 388 and 77W product too!

However, with 130K bmi miles and Gold in the bag already for another year I quite fancied J class. I will try the BD pre-travel support folks tomorrow AM.
Old May 17, 2009, 10:28 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by deconz
Many thanks for all your helpful suggestions. I've discovered a very cheap W class fare on SQ that's going to be about £ 600 all up for the return trip and plenty of seats for tomorrow night ... 388 and 77W product too!

However, with 130K bmi miles and Gold in the bag already for another year I quite fancied J class. I will try the BD pre-travel support folks tomorrow AM.
I was looking at those SQ fares myself last night... very tempting.
Old May 17, 2009, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I was looking at those SQ fares myself last night... very tempting.
Which site are they on? I can only find V fares.
Old May 17, 2009, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by steve170461
Which site are they on? I can only find V fares.
Did you try singaporeairlines.com ?
Old May 17, 2009, 2:32 pm

All the way to AKL... Wow!...this could be pay to my plans for LX bookings if only I could get it to price over a weekend that I've got free..
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 12APR 09 AND ON/ BEFORE 15JUN 09.
I've not seen prices like that for a year.

Last edited by jbfield; May 17, 2009 at 2:39 pm
Old May 17, 2009, 2:44 pm

Editted:
Removed as I thought it might be insensitive to the OP.

Last edited by jbfield; May 17, 2009 at 2:56 pm
Old May 18, 2009, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
Originally Posted by FlyingOnceMore
Did you try singaporeairlines.com ?
Yes funnily enough. It always quoted a V fare. Maybe there's a way to opt for a higher fare bucket?

Just as an aside I also checked Expedia and SQ didn't appear at all as an option.
Old May 18, 2009, 5:49 am

You have to choose a departure date on or before the 15th June '09.
Then you have to select the FlexiSaver fare, not the Super Fare Saver.

There are fares there for c.£609 for both Return: LHR-SIN-AKL and Return: LHR-SIN-CHC.
Old May 18, 2009, 5:00 pm

Fares Supposedly gone:
I noticed in the full fare rules (only viewable on the payment page) that they had to be ticketed on/before 18th May 2009. I noticed at 23:50 only by chance.

Edit:
Looked at again and there are still fares there so the fare rule regarding ticketing may have been specific to the date of the ticket purchase (i.e. ticketed within 24 hours). So...fares STILL available.

Last edited by jbfield; May 26, 2009 at 4:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.