Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Diamond Club (ex-bmi) Credit Cards- AMEX, Small Business Visa and defunct Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2011, 5:11 am

Programs: UA, AA, BMI, MR, HH, PC
Anybody any idea if MBNA are awarding bumust miles with the 'not quite defunct' mastercard and what time/spend is required to trigger the bonus? Thanks, SF.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:25 am

I received a letter in the post this morning (forgot to bring it with me) but essentially in October/November (can't remember which) the BMI credit cards (MBNA ones) are changing and I'll get send 2 credit cards.

The first is Amex and earns 1.5 miles per £1 and the second will be a Mastercard or Visa (can't remember which) that will earn 1 mile (or 1.5 miles) per £2 spent.

Anyone receive something similar?

Sorry for lack of details - expected something to be posted online about it already
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:27 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by Euan
I received a letter in the post this morning (forgot to bring it with me) but essentially in October/November (can't remember which) the BMI credit cards (MBNA ones) are changing and I'll get send 2 credit cards.

The first is Amex and earns 1.5 miles per £1 and the second will be a Mastercard or Visa (can't remember which) that will earn 1 mile (or 1.5 miles) per £2 spent.

Anyone receive something similar?

Sorry for lack of details - expected something to be posted online about it already
Nooooo, I love my bmi mastercard - but 1 mile for £2 would be an insane reduction!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Got it too, says November for me.

Interesting, but I doubt I'd use the VISA card anyway. Realistically I mainly use it for balance transfers and when they have 0% on purchases!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by Sprodo
Got it too, says November for me.
It'll be November for me as well - just couldn't remember the month.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
I got a letter saying my bmi Plus card would be replaced with an Amex giving me 2 miles per £1, and a bmi plus Visa giving 1 mile per £1.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:06 am

Programs: BA IHG
Can you guys confirm if you are all bmi mastercard or bmi amex holders? If they are just giving the amex holders the option of an additional visa card, fine - but if they are doing away with the mastercard (at 2 points / £), then BAD!
Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:08 am

Programs: BA Bronze, A3*G, TK*S
I only hold a bmi Plus Amex, have never had a MasterCard.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:17 am

I too have never had the BMI mastercard, only the MBNA Amex.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Interesting, I called MBNA two weeks ago, was told the BMI Mastercard still exists, so applied (and was accepted).
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I got the letter too. 1.5 mile per £2 spent is a

Although it does say that if you would rather not "upgrade" then call them and the same card and benefits will stay.

I wonder where the upgrade is? Since you get lesser miles and no other benefits with the new card???
Old Sep 23, 2011, 5:57 am

Programs: BD (in memoriam), BA
My letter just arrived. 1.5/£1 on the Amex, 1.5/£2 on the Visa. I'm happy - I don't have the Mastercard, so I'm not losing out on anything, and 0.75 DC miles per pound is considerably better value than the only other miles-earning Visa I have (1 HH point/£1). So for me, it is an "upgrade"

I have to say, the new cards look pretty nasty (who thought it would be a good idea to use bmi destinations as a backdrop - it'll be obsolete in a week!)
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:08 am

Programs: SAS*D, IC-RA,EM-G
Mine arrived think the rates depend on if you have BMI regular card or BMI plus.

I am BMI plus and they have offered 2points per £1 AMex and 1 point per £1 Visa.

Hmm interesting they are doing this just after MBNA are saying they are pulling out of UK???

I also have the BMI Mastercard on 1point per £1 doesnt seem worth keeping it now.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 6:57 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I got the 2 miles/£ plus 1 mile/£ on the Visa.

I still have the Mastercard giving 1.5 miles/£ so the visa is a total non-starter for me.
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold. IHG Platinum Ambassador
I have the DC Mastercard and Virgin Amex. I received the "offer" for my Virgin Amex cards to have both Amex and Visa at 2 miles per pound on Amex and 1 mile per pound on the Visa.

Looks like it isnt anything targetted at just DC users.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.