Las Vegas Terminal 2 - First Class Lounge

Subscribe
I'll be travelling from LAS shortly and have been looking at information regarding the lounge on the bmi site. It reads as follows....

lounges
The 'First Class Lounge' operated by McCarran Airport (Terminal 2) is available to our passengers travelling in 'the business', no guest permitted. Regretably access is not granted to bmi diamond club members or Star Alliance cardholders.

Presume that it's the only lounge in the terminal then, and a little on the diddy side if guests aren't welcome? Priority Pass only has lounges in Termainal 1 too.

Having never used this terminal, I would be interested to know the thoughts of fellow *A FTers that have first hand experience and/or were caught out by this regime when not travelling in C.

RR
Quote: I'll be travelling from LAS shortly and have been looking at information regarding the lounge on the bmi site. It reads as follows....

lounges
The 'First Class Lounge' operated by McCarran Airport (Terminal 2) is available to our passengers travelling in 'the business', no guest permitted. Regretably access is not granted to bmi diamond club members or Star Alliance cardholders.

Presume that it's the only lounge in the terminal then, and a little on the diddy side if guests aren't welcome? Priority Pass only has lounges in Termainal 1 too.

Having never used this terminal, I would be interested to know the thoughts of fellow *A FTers that have first hand experience and/or were caught out by this regime when not travelling in C.

RR

Ive been in this lounge a few times. Its actually quite nice. Its not that small either. Has an attended bar offering decent booze along with some snacks, peanuts, chips, fruit etc. Its decorated in a traditonal style but is reasonably comfortable. The BD flight is called in the lounge and boarding is thru the back of the lounge straight into the gate area.

Its true that only pax in the business have access to this lounge. At checkin you are given a lounge invite. A BD*G or any other *G is not enough to gain access.
Typical tired airport-run lounge but with very freindly, welcoming staff and a decent selection of ice-cold beer, plus spirits, coffee and packaged snacks etc. Basic but fine actually.
And free wi-fi that runs throughout LAS ^
I would rate this as one of the better third party lounges and essentially a pleasant experience.
I posted to this thread earlier, but the post didn't show up. Hopefully this won't be a duplicate.

Has anyone tried to access the USair club in terminal 1 when traveling to Manchester? It's not a great lounge, but beats sitting in the terminal.

I am arriving on US and continuing on BD (seperate tickets) and if I can get US to check my bags through to MAN I'll head for the US lounge before going to the international terminal. According to the *Alliance rules that should be ok if the lounge has the * logo posted outside the door.
Quote: I posted to this thread earlier, but the post didn't show up. Hopefully this won't be a duplicate.

Has anyone tried to access the USair club in terminal 1 when traveling to Manchester? It's not a great lounge, but beats sitting in the terminal.

I am arriving on US and continuing on BD (seperate tickets) and if I can get US to check my bags through to MAN I'll head for the US lounge before going to the international terminal. According to the *Alliance rules that should be ok if the lounge has the * logo posted outside the door.
Yeah, I use this lounge a fair bit through Priority Pass (usually travelling UA) long long way from some gates though!

Since it became a US airways lounge they've added a bar attendent, something that they really didnt need in my view.
Quote: Yeah, I use this lounge a fair bit through Priority Pass (usually travelling UA) long long way from some gates though!

Since it became a US airways lounge they've added a bar attendent, something that they really didnt need in my view.
I should have been more clear. I was wondering if anybody had tried to get in as *G when flying BD. It would probably be a good idea to print out the *Alliance rules in case the agents don't know about them.

The times I've been over the past 5 years they've always had an attendant. I think he also does light clean up. These days I guess they have to have one since they charge for drinks.
Quote: Typical tired airport-run lounge
much nicer than that imo....
Quote: much nicer than that imo....
err...caveat stated in my original post....but with very freindly, welcoming staff and a decent selection of ice-cold beer, plus spirits, coffee and packaged snacks etc. Basic but fine actually.
...so what's your point? Unless you favour tired, dated, 70's style decor of course..
Quote: ...so what's your point? Unless you favour tired, dated, 70's style decor of course..
my point is I disagree with you on your description of the lounge. ok?
Quote: my point is I disagree with you on your description of the lounge. ok?
I'm with irmster on this one. The T2 lounge is very pleasant and a nice place to spend a couple of hours. I've never tried the T1 UA lounge, but if it is the same as the others, the T2 lounge is way better (and doesn't change for drinks either).
Quote: my point is I disagree with you on your description of the lounge. ok?
I'm sticking with my original opinion. ok?
Quote: I'm with irmster on this one. The T2 lounge is very pleasant and a nice place to spend a couple of hours. I've never tried the T1 UA lounge, but if it is the same as the others, the T2 lounge is way better (and doesn't change for drinks either).
I never said it wasn't a pleasent place to spend time; just a typical, tired airport lounge but with nice people and good drinks! er, so I think we are in broad agreement
Quote: I never said it wasn't a pleasent place to spend time; just a typical, tired airport lounge but with nice people and good drinks! er, so I think we are in broad agreement
sorry mate - I don't think it's tired or 70s at all. oh well....