Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

What can we earn on BD flights from June 1st ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

Does anyone know what a LHR-ABZ flight would earn on BD / BA?

I have a flight coming up in June. But am wondering if I book on BD, would I get both destination / status miles and since I am over the 55K status miles, will I still get the double destination miles?

Is it worth using my remaining eGUVs on this flight?

So should I just book on BA ?

Thx
Old May 28, 2012, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
You'll still get status miles on BD unless the flight switches to BA flight codes then you'll only earn destinations miles.

If you credit the flights to BA you'll earn miles and tier points. The tier points will be the same as for BA flights but the miles you'll earn are poor, if the BA avios calculator is accurate.

For BD coded and operated flights:
diamond club will give you 300 status + destination miles for the cheapest tickets, 600 for mid level fare buckets and 1200 for Y (flexible) fares.

Executive club will give 250 miles + 10 tier points for cheap economy fares and 500 miles + 20 tier points for flexible economy.

For BA coded flights:
diamond club will give you 300 destinations miles for restricted economy and 600 miles for flexible economy.

Executive club will give you 500 miles regardless of fare bucket. 10 tier points for the cheaper fare buckets and 20 for flexible.
Old May 28, 2012, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Thank you , layz !

So for BD coded flights, I will get (for the elcheapo fares) 300 miles - and it will double that as I've passed the 55K status miles threshold.

For BA coded flights, I'll get 500 miles irrespective of whatever I buy, plus 100% bonus miles as a BA Gold ?
Old May 29, 2012, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Thank you , layz !

So for BD coded flights, I will get (for the elcheapo fares) 300 miles - and it will double that as I've passed the 55K status miles threshold.
If you're a gold (as you must be being over 55k status) you get 300 miles + 210 bonus miles based on your status + the 300 status miles that'll convert to destination miles. So 810 miles in total.
For BA coded flights, I'll get 500 miles irrespective of whatever I buy, plus 100% bonus miles as a BA Gold ?
Yes. One of the genuine enhancements of BAEC over the last few years was 100% mileage earning on BA flights even on the lowest fares, doesn't apply to partners though, hence the fact you're better off crediting BD flights to diamond club unless you need the tier points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.