Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

DC Gold Member ability to request seats has been taken away even on BD flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2012, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg

I just booked an award seat to BSL through DC. My flight is a BD flightcode operated by BD. I'm trying to make a seat request as IIRC I would always have been able to do that as a BD Gold. The seat map won't retrieve. I've phoned DC twice now on 2 different days, to try to request a seat. DC say the seat map isn't showing and they don't know why.

I've checked the BA website and this flight is showing as a BD flight only, with seats available in Y and C. It's still a BD flight operated by BD, with only a BD flight number. I'm guessing the ability of a DC Gold Member to pre-book a particular seat appears to have been removed ALREADY even on BD flights, by BA. I'm guessing this removal of privilege on DC flights for DC members will happen to all flights BA announces it is taking over the inventory for, as soon as BA takes over the inventory. Even if there is not yet a BA flight number and even if BD is still operating the flight.

I'll take a guess that BA Golds are currently able to request their seats on this BD flight even though this privilege appears to have been taken away from BD Golds. Is any other DC Gold experiencing this?

Last edited by h15t0r1an; May 14, 2012 at 8:13 am
Old May 14, 2012, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Silver
I thought it was never possible to request seats on UK/European flights in Y? I've certainly never been able to. If you are in C of course then you should be able to...
Old May 14, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, PC AMB, Hyat Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Yep, BD*G's have not been able to do that for many years........

What I'm more pi$$ed at, is my C flights on BD, which are now BA flight numbers, I've been tossed off my pre-assigned seats
Old May 14, 2012, 8:21 am

Programs: bmi ba etihad hilton priorityplus
just checked-----i'm the same --flight lhr to vie on 11 June--MY PRE-ASSIGNED SEATS ARE NO MORE
Old May 14, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Jetstreamer
I thought it was never possible to request seats on UK/European flights in Y? I've certainly never been able to. If you are in C of course then you should be able to...
Neither. I've not been able to do this on a very long time.
Old May 14, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by surturminn
Yep, BD*G's have not been able to do that for many years........

What I'm more pi$$ed at, is my C flights on BD, which are now BA flight numbers, I've been tossed off my pre-assigned seats
hmmm I think this must be what BA meant in their FAQ's when they said "you don't have to join BAEC now, but the sooner you join the sooner you will be able to get the benefits". Translation : join now or we toss you out of your seats !
Old May 14, 2012, 1:08 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
I just booked an award seat to BSL through DC. My flight is a BD flightcode operated by BD. I'm trying to make a seat request as IIRC I would always have been able to do that as a BD Gold. The seat map won't retrieve. I've phoned DC twice now on 2 different days, to try to request a seat. DC say the seat map isn't showing and they don't know why.

I've checked the BA website and this flight is showing as a BD flight only, with seats available in Y and C. It's still a BD flight operated by BD, with only a BD flight number. I'm guessing the ability of a DC Gold Member to pre-book a particular seat appears to have been removed ALREADY even on BD flights, by BA.
Absolutely disgraceful. I just hope the check-in agents at your originating airport, bearing in mind they will be BD staff at UK Domestic/LHR (or those in the BD Lounge) will be able to kick out BA Gold card holders from the seats and give you the seats you deserve. Or, at least, give you a preferred seat in your preferred row, as long as the other traveller isn't BD*G as well.
Old May 15, 2012, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rxfleming
Absolutely disgraceful. I just hope the check-in agents at your originating airport, bearing in mind they will be BD staff at UK Domestic/LHR (or those in the BD Lounge) will be able to kick out BA Gold card holders from the seats and give you the seats you deserve. Or, at least, give you a preferred seat in your preferred row, as long as the other traveller isn't BD*G as well.
I enjoyed your reply rxfleming

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.