Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

TK flights not available despite showing on ANA, AC and UA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2012, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK Gold

Tried to book a Turkish Airlines flight that is showing available on ANA's, Air Canada's and United's websites, ICC says it isn't. Checked various dates & spoke to 2 agents. Is this something new, a glitch or an old hat I didn't know anything about?
Old May 15, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
I had this the other day: ANA showed TK avaialble LHR-IST-BKK 2px in C; The agent saw them too ; reserved them but then said they had dissapeared; They then dissapeared off ANA and I thought some one else had nabbed them. However they reappeared 1 day later and the same thing happened all over again. Third time lucky and I managed to get them.
Old May 15, 2012, 2:44 pm

had the same issue last week - with flights from dub/edi/man showing as available and then disappearing.

Finally found flights from Gatwick - although took 6 separate calls.

Feenster
Old May 16, 2012, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK Gold
Tried again today with an even wider choice of dates - nothing. Something's foul.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:42 am
spd

Programs: Diamond Club Silver, various other low ranking levels on all sorts of loyalty schemes
Originally Posted by jorguh
Tried again today with an even wider choice of dates - nothing. Something's foul.
I booked DUB-IST-PVG with them two weeks ago, without any issues.
Old May 17, 2012, 5:36 am

Just today, I tried for a TK flight (as shown on ANA), but the agent could not see it.
Old May 17, 2012, 1:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by spd
I booked DUB-IST-PVG with them two weeks ago, without any issues.
Similar, booked a GRU-IST-LGW about the same time period so if the problem is occuring it's a recent development (Note at my time period, over Christmas, only the LGW flights had seats and not the LHR but two agents got confused and must have been searching for LHR as couldn't find seats)
Old May 18, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: BD*G, BA*S, LH*S, VS, Marriott*G, Hilton*G, SPG*G
I've just been checking LON IST CPT which is available in I class and shown on UA AC and ANA award availability but ICC can't see it so I asked them to check the whole month of June and July just LON IST in any class and they can't see anything so seems that TK has switched them off!!

Seems like 31May will come early!
Old May 18, 2012, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Did you try segment by segment, or a thru ticket from LON-IST-CPT. Then it could be that married segment rule is in effect.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:18 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Did you try segment by segment, or a thru ticket from LON-IST-CPT. Then it could be that married segment rule is in effect.
Have tried to book simple LHR to IST today october; clearly available on ana but dc cant book them
Old May 18, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: BD*G, BA*S, LH*S, VS, Marriott*G, Hilton*G, SPG*G
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Nope segment isn't married and in any event I tried that too!!
Old May 19, 2012, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, Flying Blue Gold
Hi, just called the ICC to get a flight from IST to KIX in October. The flight according to kvstool is available for award ticket but the guy in ICC says he can only see LH flights. Thats really strange. I thought we anyways cant book LH flights since end of April anymore ?! Will try again tomorrow ...
Old May 19, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: AS,TK
I had same problem too.... but my friend using US miles already got the flight and ticketed.... mine with BD....not able to get TK flight.... crying...
Old May 20, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Philipp1604
Hi, just called the ICC to get a flight from IST to KIX in October. The flight according to kvstool is available for award ticket but the guy in ICC says he can only see LH flights. Thats really strange. I thought we anyways cant book LH flights since end of April anymore ?! Will try again tomorrow ...
Called them again today and again they could not see TK flights. But the first person I talked to inspired me because I am actually leaving from Germany, just thought going via IST and see Turkish Airline's business class would be nice. But ended up now booking a flight with Asiana from FRA via ICN to KIX and back. Btw. they also fly from IST to KIX !
Old May 20, 2012, 3:43 am

Same here. Called today to make another redemption SIN - IST - TUN but ICC said they can't see any TK availability even though ANA shows plenty of seats!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.