Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > bmi | Diamond Club
Reload this Page >

Rant: I want to give BD some money, but I cant...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rant: I want to give BD some money, but I cant...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2011, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

I want to give BD some money, but I cant...

I know this is posted numerous times daily, but tonight I am really trying my best to give BD my hard earned cash for a LHR-EDI-LHR journey.

Insert all my requirements, route, outbound and inbound date press Get Flights, but up pops this page:

http://storage.flybmi.com/unavailable.html

Surely in a world that has become so commoditised, and who you fly with does not have much bearing in the real world (of course, does not apply to FT!), passengers faced with this error will just go to a competitor to make a booking. Be that BA, U2 or FR (god forbid those who want to go to PIK).

Does anyone agree that these website errors are a fundamental issue engrained into the core of BD? Yes, we are getting "new routes" (coupled with a reduction in domestic service) and nice shiny refits of aircraft, but if people cannot actually BOOK onto these services, what good will it really be?!

I really really like BD, and after canning my favourite route (GLA), I will still fly them to EDI make the journey west. Call me crazy, but BD have treated me very well over the years and I want to continue being a customer, however they just don't want my money!!

I know if my company had such a poor IT infrastructure we would be out of business in a matter of weeks as we would no longer be able to survive against our competitors.

Please BD, take my money! You need it!

<RANT OVER>
Old Mar 8, 2011, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Stop over-reacting man.

Going via EDI is definitely a step too far.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 10:23 am

Programs: A3 gld, BA bron, KL silv, 6C plat, EH silv, EM, GT, HY, NH, NS, RT, SH, SW gold, BW, WY
I have had this screen appear before when checking flights on bmi for a booking with a partner airline e.g. United. Doesn't happen regularly but when it does happen it doesn't appear to affect any other part of the web site other than flight bookings, so not a network issue. Not great for securing business and bmi should look into it. Happy to PM times when this happens to diamondclub if that would be helpful (next time - can't remember details of previous occurrences).
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: BD*G, A3*G, BA-S, Accor Gold, IHG Amb
I find similar things happen on the SQ website - another site that is often "down for maintenance".
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Iam a bit confused regarding the booking of the BMI flights to EDI from LHR (just to travel west to Glasgow-)

1. If the BMI website willnot take the booking just book it through the likes of Expedia......and here is the thing you will probably find it cheaper than booking through BMI web site. I did for May 113 pounds exedia over 200 pounds BMI web site - same flights, same days etc...

and as for sticking with BD and flying to EDI after what they did to Glasgow...well that is certainly loyalty...I would have dumped them fast for BA - blimey at least you get a coffee on BA without having to dig into the coin pocket......

Nivsy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.