Wiki Posts
Search

San Diego

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: too many
San Diego

Anyone stay at the Cabrillo Garden Inn or any other San Diego property for that matter?

I'm going to be traveling with my wife and infant and am looking for a family friendly place. I'm likely to go with a Marriott or Hilton but I know BW has a few gems here and there.

It looks like the price on the higher end BWs is pretty close to the low end of Marriott but if you get parking, Internet, breakfast, etc. included that can make a huge difference at the end of the day.

Thanks!
Old May 9, 2013, 3:04 pm

The Hacienda Plus old town is nothing special, with lots of inconsistencies in service quality, etc. If you want to venture a bit further north, the BW in Carlsbad is very nice.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 3:58 pm

Programs: IC, WN, Hyatt, Avis
Originally Posted by diggitydog
Anyone stay at the Cabrillo Garden Inn or any other San Diego property for that matter?

I'm going to be traveling with my wife and infant and am looking for a family friendly place. I'm likely to go with a Marriott or Hilton but I know BW has a few gems here and there.

It looks like the price on the higher end BWs is pretty close to the low end of Marriott but if you get parking, Internet, breakfast, etc. included that can make a huge difference at the end of the day.

Thanks!
I just saw your post today not sure if it is too late but we stayed at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Island Palms Hotel & Marina in San Diego in March and thoroughly enjoyed it.

It's a 5 minute drive from the city but quiet and relaxing with 2 nice pools and good view of the marina.

B.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by zutalors
I just saw your post today not sure if it is too late but we stayed at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Island Palms Hotel & Marina in San Diego in March and thoroughly enjoyed it.
We stayed there last year, our room had a balcony right in the marina. Very nice setting, convenient location. The on-site restaurant was good, really nice for breakfast. Overall, a nice ambiance on the property - does feel somewhat "island" rather than "city". Free parking, too (and internet, from memory).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.